Chapter 39 - Lose both

Danica woke up the next morning, laying on his chest. She checked him again, and he still wasn't awake.

"Hey Johan, we've got a wedding remember?"

His eyes still would not move...she tried very hard to stop crying , her arm that was bleeding had stopped.

She laid on his chest and tried to listen to his heartbeat but didn't care she laid there, reminiscing how her life has changed over the past few months and how much he has contributed to it.

She sobbed harder and wouldn't let her mind tell her that she has lost him and lost him for good. She sobbed for a while until she felt something touch her hair and this time stroking it gently.

She was thinking it was her mind playing games with her.

"Just remain like this, everything is peaceful this way" he muttered.

And she lifted her head to look at his face, he was looking so tired but he managed to speak.
She was shocked beyond words that she wrapped her arms around his neck sobbing tirelessly.

"I promised to stay with you, and this time let's go home" he said with a croaked voice.

Danica released him and helped him up as they walked together down the road leading to the city.

✯✯ A MONTH LATER ✯✯

"Bring the chandeliers over here" a lady called from the top of the palace hall as preparations were made and the hall was looking exquisite as it should.

Prince Hans is in his room, looking into his mirror, thinking of the decision he would make today.

The grooms dress him up on a Black Tuxedo three piece.

While Danica is looking radiant in her white ballgown bridal dress with golden petals.

The prince is at the hall with everyone waiting for her , the double doors went open and she stepped in with her father. They all admired her look.

Prince Hans gazed at her and never took his eyes away. And when she approached him she flashed a bright smile and he returned it.

He took her hand as she stood opposite him and they made their vows staring at each other.

Somewhere in the crowd sat Jane, watching with hard eyes as they adore each other, she couldn't bear it , she just couldn't.

Then it was time for them to exchange rings, the prince inserted the ring into her finger and she did him.

"You may now kiss your bride." The priest said and Danica's eyes lit up and stared into his. Prince Hans wasn't nervous, neither was he scared, he has waited and prepared for this day.

Then the song came on something new by kira kosarin

He drew her close enough and slid his arm around her waist, she held his neck. They shared a gaze that no one understood, it was a gaze they were allowed to share in their world while the people cheered and applauded them, Danielle and Shawn sat at the front row cheering proudly for her.

The prince bent forward and kissed her lips softly, Danica melted into the kiss and kissed him back. And they broke the kiss staring at each other.

Jane watched from the crowd as tears fell from her eyes, the whispers from behind her saying the prince was lucky to have Danica, some saying they were perfect, she wiped her eyes and left.

The prince danced with Danica while they giggled endlessly.

"I wish you the very best Hans." Danica whispered into his ears.

He paused. "We'd still be in touch right?."

She nodded and her heart twisted in pain again, she was never going to share this moment with him ever again. She did so well to fight back her tears and he had no clue.

"I would miss you" he said with pain in his voice. His whole mind was in bizarre, he can't keep hiding it, he cannot be in denial forever, but does she want the same thing?

She wrapped her arms around him, and let the tears flow so he doesn't see. The crowd is mesmerized by their bond but have no idea what is transpiring between the two.

"Thanks for sticking with me till this day" he whispered.

"Thanks for staying with me." She replied almost immediately. And wiped her eyes to stare into his eyes.

"I have to go, my flight is in 30 minutes."

She took his hand as they waved at the people and walked out of the hall, she entered her car while he watched her leave , he went to the back and saw Jane.

He walked to her. "Are you ready?" He asked.

"Are you ready?" She asked him. He paused.

"Are you ready to live with me? To finally be with me?" She asked.

"Jane..."

She teared up. "Be honest with me Hans!"

"I don't understand" he said.

She paused. "you don't understand?, you knew all along that this was a dead end , right Hans?"

"What is all these Jane, we've waited all along for this day, why don't we just get going like we planned."

"No, I'm afraid it won't happen."

"Why?"

"Cause I don't want to destroy what you both have created."

"Pardon?"

"You know Hans being in denial is he worst thing you can do to yourself, just tell me the truth!"

"What truth , Jane?"

"That you love her!" Jane shouted.

Hans was befuddled , he didn't know what to say.

"Why would you say that?"

"Say the truth Hans!" She yelled and knocked his chest. "Tell me the Goddamn truth!"

He was still mute and she kept shouting with tears. "Tell me!!"

"I love her!" He shouted back and Jane paused.

She lifted her gaze to face him. "Since when?"

He was mute. "I said since when?!"

"Since the first dinner we had with her, she did this crazy thing to me and I .. I couldn't get her out of my head." He said tearfully.

"Is that all?" Jane asked.

"I don't really know Jane, I've been trying, I try to ignore her and yet, it gets stronger, I don't know what to do, cause she doesn't feel the same and...."

Jane covered her mouth and cried out. "All this while..."

"But I promise you Jane, I never stopped loving you , all I thought of was this day and how we would finally be together."

"You just opened up to me that you've been in love with this girl what makes you think she doesn't feel the same?"

"She's gone , Jane, she's not here" he said brokenly.

Jane wipes her eyes and sighed. "There we have it then, all obstacles cleared, Jacob dead, Dominic arrested, and me , gone!" Jane lamented.

"Wait, Jane what?" He held her hands. "Please"

She dropped his hands. "No, Hans, she is your destiny, not me, go find her."

She turned around. "Where are you going?" He asked.

She didn't turn back. "Far away from you!"

Prince Hans sobbed hardly and knelt on the floor. He lost both.