Chapter 16 - Till the end of the Deal

The prince stayed with Jane all day till it was 3pm and time to leave to Kabavia.
'so you guys are on a three days trip yeah?'

He held her hand , and looked into her eyes.
'I'll be back, tomorrow's the last day Jane'

'I'd miss you so much , Hans, like really really much, I'm so tired of hiding , I just want us to come out in the open'

'You don't want that more than me, we have to be patient till the wedding , trust me it'll be settled then and we can live together forever'

She nodded and leaned on his shoulder. 'When am I meeting her?'

'You want to meet her?'

'yeah I just want to see the lady that's gonna help us be together '

'Soon , I can set up something for you both if you want'

Jane snickered.'oh please-'

He cut her off with a kiss. Her eyes rise to his face.

'I'll see you soon' he whispered and squeezed her hands tight enough. And walked out.

He boarded his private jet, and went to kabavia immediately , he arrived at the exact 5 pm to the city's hotel, the hall was cleared, the people had retired to their homes and now to the one who has made it a success he hasn't seen her.

He asked Raymond. "Where are the guards assigned to Danica?"

"They should be by the Doorway to her Room"
Raymond said.

Johannes walked through the Doorway and inquired for her whereabout from the guards.

"we haven't seen her since the event ended by 3pm "the one by the right replied.

"It ended by 3pm?"

"Yes your Grace, it really was insightful"

The prince's face was filled with regret he went to the Balcony of their relaxation centre, he knew where she would be, and what she would be doing.

He quickly went to the balcony, and there she was , with her back against him and a board Infront of her . Her headpone over her head dancing and singing to her melody as she painted on her board.

She looked peaceful, like she didn't want any trouble or exuded any rough energy.

Johannes thought of going close to her and just to see her face or touch her slightly but he was Afraid of hurting her because obviously she's mad at him.

He knew she can't hear him he stepped closer and tried to touch her slightly she whipped her head around and saw him. Their eyes met , Danica was so happy to see him but no she would never admit instead she returned back to her work silently.

'Dani--'

She stood up and hung her headphone around her neck. She went to her collection of oils. Not making a contact with him.

'how was it? And uh how is she?'

'I can't answer you when you won't look me in the face '

She fumed in Rage . And turned to look at him emotionless.

'I know you're mad at me, and you probably don't want to talk to m-'

'No No No Hans please no! Just stop it'

'Danica allow me speak!' Prince Hans raised his voice.

'And why would I let you speak!?' she expressed furiously.

'I did wrong and you have to hear me out, you handled today's event really well thank you for that , I wish I didn't underestimate you that much'

'of course you wish you didn't,' Danica uttered in anger. 'Besides what's my business with your affairs, it was just a mere silly deal that brought us this close, I shouldn't really feel entitled in whatever way!'

'Danica , are y...' he sighed. 'I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, I know I'm an ass an annoying one , a filthy piece of shit that everyone is tired of and everyone is mad at.'

He lowers his voice and steps close.' But Dani, if everyone thinks of me like this and treats me inferior ' he swallowed and uttered brokenly. 'I can't have you feeling the same'

'And why is that ?' She demands.

He paused , his mind racing in different dimensions, he wants to be honest, to be brutally honest with her, he never wants to hurt her because she never lies to him, she's honest with him to the core. What can he tell her!?

'Because I don't want to lose you'

Danica could see the honesty through his eyes and it was heartwarming she could admit . Prince Hans remained quiet and was waiting for her reaction or a word from her , just something, something that can rescue him from this awkwardness - but no Danica wasn't going to say anything , she's too starstrucked to speak.

She cleared her throat finally and blinked. 'You mean you've lost every other person who makes you feel inferior?' she asks as he nodded in reply.

' your parents and family inclusive?'

' Yes Dani, listen I -'

' You have to tell me everything '

'what?'

' Yes Johan, that's the only way I can trust you, we have to know each other to the depths of our souls , in other to convince everyone better'

'But this is just a deal , and it wouldn't last for long'

'Are you afraid of telling me something?, because you and I know you can't end this deal anytime soon!'

He swallowed. 'What makes you think so?'

'Listen Johan,' she steps close. 'you have to make me know you, so that when you step in front of the crowd , out there, and you're fidgeting and weird I can be able to stand for you, cos that's what partners do.'

She brushed past him and left. He stood there glued to the ground. Where can he start from?This is what he has kept for years , years of growing up without proper mental stability.

And it has always kept him in the shadows , his greatest fear has finally surfaced. Why does it have to be Danica? Why her? Why?
How can he start? What can he tell her? What in the fuvks name is wrong with this lady?

He went after her , his mind racing again, she makes a good point, they can be able to know each other better, but he can't allow her know his weakness, his forsaken restraints , and how they have held him this far.

'Danica, Danica!' he called after her in the hallway.

She turned around.'Ready to speak?'

He halted.'No, '

She creased her brows. What is wrong with this man?...

'I can't tell you, I can't , I just can't, I'm not ready to be ...'

'But Johan -'

'Please...Dani' he raised his hand to halt her in her words.

'Okay, okay settled then, we're just partners who have a deal that would end in a few weeks from now and we'll depart to go achieve each other's dreams without knowing anything about ourselves!' she uttered sarcastically and offered a handshake to seal her sarcastic deal.

The prince rolled his eyes and sighed. 'Alright then ' He took her hand and shook it warmly.
'Till the end of the deal'.

She blinked simultaneously, she's hurt, she won't lie, but since he said he wouldn't want to lose her , he shouldn't do anything to lose her, right now she's getting confused, angry and very curious, what could he possibly be hiding?? but she would not give up.

She gave a side smile and went to her room. Prince Johannes watched in regret and knew he had no choice .