Chapter 8 -The Betrothed II

Danica received the text from Prince Hans, feeling so special and excited
''Come to the court tomorrow,dress beautiful too!''
Danica got to work but kept on Wondering what it is that would happen today.
   She scanned through her closet and picked a short polka dots summer dress and a black stiletto.

She drove to the court, she could see horses at the court, the ladies of the court ushered Danica to the back of the house where the prince was.

He was deeply in thought with a cup of wine on his hand. He didn't realize she was there.

'Prince Hans'she called his name and he looked up at her.'What is going on out there?'

He remained mute as his eyes scanned her look, He swallowed and turned to  gulp his wine.

'Mum, needs me to take you for a tour, it's exactly what I'm doing , we're going to be riding the horse and I'll be taking  you on a tour around the city'

'Are you okay with this?'She asked

'Yes of course it's the only way we can convince every one of them' he adjusted his spectacles. He rose up and she followed after him she held his arm and he turned back to enquire why she's stopping him.

'Wouldn't you want to give them an impression?about us? ' She reminded him as he sighed and held her arms with his and they both walked out to the people.

She mounted the white horse , while Prince Hans mounted the brown horse which was his favourite -Flynn.

'Are we also running a race?' Danica asked.

'We're going for a tour -'

'Sorry, catch me if you can' she pulled her reins and rode away. The prince rolled his eyes and tried to catch up with her,she was so fast and very good at riding. They rode all the way from the court with their guards and horses

'Where in heavens name are you going Dani?'

'Wow! This is so much fun!'She giggled childishly.'I didn't know there was so much fun in riding a horse'

The prince was amused and tried to stop the laughter peeking out from the corner of his lips but he swallowed it and ended up smiling , he was really amused by her.

'Okay, can we go for the tour now?'

'Give me a little more time ,please I need to run some miles with bullet'

'Bullet?'

'Yes, I'll name him Bullet, he's fast and exciting '

The prince was holding himself , he is already pissed at how she ran out of the court to halfway the road and now she's naming his horse and  wasting his time ...the prince is an impatient man and wants things to be done in his own time but this Danica is always making him feel that impatience from within all the time.

Danica continued riding and unknowing to her, there was a Ditch below the orange tree , when the prince tried to catch up again she pulled the reins quicker and tighter but the horse couldn't move, he could see the ditch below them but Danica couldn't get the message.

While the prince continued to chase , she forcefully tried to unmount from the horse, so she fell down and rolled into the Ditch.Thud!

The prince quickly unmounted and ran into the ditch to get her, she screamed loudly. His guards offered to help but he stopped them .

'Danica!Danica! Can you hear me?' He panted in worry.'Wake up you stubborn brat!'

He lifted her up on his horse and he took her home with his guards following behind him.

                                ✯ ✯✯✯

Prince Hans laid her on his bed as his parents came in to check on her , he explained everything to them as they left to inform her parents.

He sat by the bedside and was watching her face , her peaceful stubborn sleeping face.

'You're a stubborn lad, Dani. He said to her  and stroked her forehead gently.

Her closed eyes blinked a bit and he sat up hopefully
She opened her eyes.' Prince H-ans' her voice croaked.

'I'm here'He held her hand.''D'you need anything?'

She nodded and signified for water. He took one from his fridge with a glass and gave her she couldn't drink it by herself, she couldn't lift her arms so he assisted her in holding the cup and her head.

'How are you feeling?' he asked

'I'm  having pains all over my body'

He held her palm and turned them over so he is holding her knuckles. His eyes fixed on hers and she's waiting for what he's trying to do - before she could try to think he pressed her knuckles hardly with his fingers , not taking his eyes away from hers.

She let out a soft gasp, and he spoke,'Does this feel better?'

Her eyes are still on his , trying to understand what he's saying , he just pressed her knuckles hardly that she could feel the pain in her bones and now he's asking if it's better?

He gave a side smile, a dangerous one in fact,He bent low and said 'That's what you get for being so damn stubborn, this is how I feel whenever I give an order and you disobey'

Danica didn't know how to feel. Afraid, angry, or to retaliate because she wasn't the type to take anybody's rubbish.

She scrunched her brows together and he did it again, she couldn't find the pain because  the intensity in his gaze had blinded all the pains , she found relief in his dangerous gaze.

Meanwhile Prince Hans was still trying to make her feel the pain but she couldn't .

Someone stepped into the room, Danielle and countess Robbins - immediately the prince fixed his face and Danica fixed hers.

'Oh your family is here , I'll see you later love' He kissed the back of her hand that he was still holding. While his gaze was still on hers. She gave a side smile and nodded.

The prince greeted her Mother and sister then he left the room. Danica gave a secret laughter, while her Mother and sister were stunned in silence.

'What happened to you Danica?' her sister asked as she sat beside Danica.

'I'll be fine, it's so good to see you guys'

Her mind travelled widely because she knew this was going to be a hell of a journey for her coupled with the fact that she's hiding it from her family.