Chapter 21- Frustration

Danica leaves his arms and twirls to Jane. She holds Jane's waist flush against her, and they gaze at each other. Their eyes telling a lot to each other and not knowing where to start but they both spoke.

"Hello there" they chorused.

Danica clears her throat and Jane twirls her around and they both waltz together.

"It was all a misunderstanding, I promise you that I didn't know of your arrangements to wear Green today, I just happened to have ruined my dress and luckily my maiden had a substitute"

Jane nods with a suave smile, but Danica can tell there's a lot behind that expression, she's trying to believe Danica but she can't.

"Okay, and the song?"Jane asks.

"What song?".

"The one you both danced to, did he tell you about it?"

"Like I said I didn't know" Danica explains.

And the song changes to I Get to love you by Ruelle.

Jane twirls away from Danica and lands in the arms of a young man, Danica sweeps her from the arms of the man.

"So it was supposed to be a surprise too? You knew what we were going to wear, and you danced to our song , wow what a coincidence!" Jane exclaims sarcastically.

Danica is trying to process everything. "I'm sorry Jane but it really is not my fault"

Jane nods attentively. Danica feels insulted already and tries to make Jane understand.

"I'm not trying to steal your man away from you, he's yours and can never be mine, I know that, we know that , we are just together for the sake of achieving each other's dreams."

Danica's voice is getting shaky and she can feel her heart breaking. "and after that we'll see no more, I'm so sick and tired of saying that, I just want to live my life the way I want , live the truth, and to not give a Fuck about what anyone says!"she mutters with so much emotions, her eyes meets  the Prince who is watching them and she scuttles away as the song comes to an end.

The prince goes to Jane but she turns around to meet Jacob , he paused in his steps and goes after Danica.

She is dabbing her eyes, and heading to the restroom to get some air.

He calls after her , but she remains mute and hurries in her steps.

He catches up with her and pauses in front of her. He could see her teary eyes and he feels bad already, he doesn't know how to console anyone, he's so terrible at comforting . But he knows something that works , something his mom uses to soothe him.

He put his arms around her , patting her back gently, Danica was caught off guard but she really needs this hug, so she hugs him back , crying her eyes out.

She lets go of him. And he held her face gently, scrutinizing her "Tell me what happened, Danica?"

Danica is frustrated, exhausted and fed up of the whole deal , because she's always caught in the middle. She sniffles back some tears.

"I'm tired Hans," she says miserably. "I'm really tired of everything, I'm tired of getting caught in the middle, I'm tired of being perfect for you , because no matter how much I try you'll never understand how it feels!"

She takes his hand off her face and walks away, he's glued to the ground, he can't move, but something is happening inside his head, he is judged again, and it's all his fault. That word "FAULT" hits him in the guts so hard, he immediately plugs his earphone and listens to a song from his playlist Train Wreck by James Arthur.

He goes up to his room and stares at himself in the mirror and different flashes bop in his head, he increases the volume of his song,  and tugs at his hair screaming in Rage so he cannot hear that voice that keeps telling him.

"its your fault!....."

He kneels on the floor looking lifeless , his veins visible on his face and looking like hell himself.