Chapter 15 - Something new (Day 2)

Danica went to her room she didn't think that anything could stop her for a split second.
She felt really ashamed for herself, she took out her sketch board and pastels.
Sketching out everything in her mind, with tears in her eyes - she paused.

But why is she crying? What could possibly make her feel this way? Why would she have to bear all this for a marriage that is not genuine ? Why is she even affected? She can't seem to be the only one that thinks it's real.

                                ✯✯✯✯

The next morning , The people are gathered at the Hall once again for a word of wisdom from the prince. Danica waited in the Hall for prince Hans to come but all to no avail , she knew he left to Beaumont earlier and she's hurt, how possibly can she handle this whole thing by herself?

Danica couldn't bare the thought anymore so she stepped into the podium whilst the people applauded her presence - she was dressed in a sleeveless Coral blue dress.

She Nodded for them to sit, Danica being a type of person that couldn't face people decided to do this for the sake of the Beaumont's court and the prince's Reputation.

' Thank you, wonderful youths and future of Beaumont '

They call the children ''future" . Because their children have always been their future ever since, they were the ones advancing, evolving and coming up with changes for their city.

"Just like yesterday, I'll take questions again today, and if God wills I'll answer to the best of my Ability, the prince is not present today he had something to attend to but bare in mind he'll be back for us , he keeps his promises' she swallowed a lump forming at the back of her throat , wondering if he truly keeps his promises.

A few people's hand went up, she pointed at a teenage boy.

The boy stood up .'How do I mend a broken Relationship?'

Danica was caught off guard , she hadn't expected such question, so it's quite hard for her to answer.

She sighed.'What would you want your relationship to look like?'

The boy smiled.'You know, peaceful, lovely, no issues, just peace and love '

The rest of the youths murmured in a teasing way to mock the boy , but his eyes were on Danica. She loved his courage, his answers really hit her.

'okay , I'll just be very honest here, I know nothing about Relationships, because I've never really been in any Relationship before' she quipped.

'Is that so? But what about about the prince?, Isn't he your Betrothed? Your fiance? You're lovers right?' the boy asked with a puzzled expression.

Danica bit her tongue, so hard for spilling that much, but she really did not want to lie, she just wants to say the truth, live the truth, know the truth and get the hell out of this place because everything is overwhelming her.

But out of nowhere, she said ' we are, he's my fiance and husband to be' she exhaled. 'But it doesn't mean it's always perfect, lovely and peaceful, we have issues too but what matters is what we want in the end , is it to be with each other forever or not - and whatever you decide you stick to it . That is if you really love your partner you'd do everything to get a peaceful Relationship, come what may!'

Her last sentence was filled with so much vigor , like she has always wanted to say that.

The boy was relieved because he has finally gotten the answer. Danica put a proud smile on her face whilst the people  applauded her words of wisdom.

                                 ✯✯✯✯

The prince arrived Beaumont in 2 hours and headed straight to the city's capital for his girlfriend's presentation.

It was crowded by the time he arrived, the people knew he was the prince and paved way for him as he walked his way to the front row and there she was-

She was given the medal for the second best baker in the city, all he could see was her beautiful smile until he saw someone standing behind her with his hands wrapped around her waist, his whole mood changed he wanted to go up stage and get his woman but he wouldn't dare give people the thought of his relationship with Jane.

But this was jacob Vickers the suitor her parents have always arranged for her, but she doesn't want him, Jane was actually smiling very broad like she hasn't in a long time. The prince knew not to blame Jane because he wasn't there for her and now Jacob his rival is there with her on stage, holding her and cheering for her, he felt broken , Jane is still mad at him , he just needs to mend things with her.

Her eyes strolled around the crowd and she caught his, she paused, he smiled , she smiled back and fixed her face immediately and kept her eyes at Jacob.

Prince Hans texted her "Meet me at the back of the waterfall"

He left the Venue and went to wait behind the waterfalls he plugged his earpiece and was listening to something new by kira kosarin .
The lyrics sinked in as he shut his eyes , moving his head and dancing to the song and it's realistic melody.

He was still dancing to the song with shut eyes , tapping his feets , and imaginary drums around him. It was a beautiful sight .

He felt his earpiece leave his left ear , he was surprised to see her seated and listening to the song and smiling ebulliently. They didn't bother to remove it.

   'I'm sorry Jane, I really am, I should have informed you before leaving I know I behaved amora-'

'shhh' she placed her finger on his lips.'Why don't you replay this same song ' they both smiled as he replayed it, she drew his face closer with her finger and kissed him on the lips. He looked at her again and kissed her back like he has been wanting to for days.