Book One: Chapter Two

I walked with Gandalf towards the horses. I saddled up one and waited for Lord Elrond. A smirking Boromir walked towards me.

"You look like a man." 

I glared at him. "I will not be fighting in a gown." We both stopped talking when Lord Elrond appeared.

"The Ring Bearer is setting out on the quest for Mount Doom. You that go with him, there is no bond that forces you to go further than you will. Farewell. Hold your purpose and may the blessings of the elves, men, and Bree folk go with you."

"The fellowship awaits the Ring Bearer," Gandalf said from behind us. Frodo turned to the exit and walked through.

"Mordor, Gandalf, is it left or right?" Frodo whispered.

"Left."

*********

  We walked for many days, passing waterfalls and walking across bridges. Not once did we see an orc. We sat down on a hill, taking a rest before continuing. I sat down beside Gandalf and ate my sausage. Merry and Pippin were fighting against Boromir with swords. They were failing miserably.

"Move your feet," Aragorn called out, who was watching nearby. I tuned into what Gandalf was saying.

"We could pass through Moria," Gimli said. I shook my head at the thought of Moria.

"I would not pass through Moria unless it was the last path we had," Gandalf replied. Legolas jumped onto a rock in front of me, staring at the sky. I stood up too, trying to see what was going on. A flock of birds was flying towards us.

"It's moving too fast," Boromir said after Gimli shrugged it off like a cloud.

"Hide!" Aragorn shouted. Legolas pulled me down beside him under some brush. The flock of birds passed quickly over us.

"Spies of Saruman," Gandalf said, getting out from under a rock. Legolas helped me up and I gathered my bow and arrows.

"We must take the path of Ceratos."

**********

   We walked in the snow for nearly a week when we ran into trouble. We walked on the edge of the mountain, fighting the wind and snow when I heard a voice in the wind.

"There's a foul voice in the air," Sam said.

"It's Saruman," Gandalf yelled, as a chunk of rock fell from the mountain.

"He's trying to bring down the mountain," Aragorn yelled. I felt myself become dizzy.

"No!" I screamed out before passing out into the snow.

********

   I started to come to as Gandalf yelled at one of the hobbits. Legolas was holding onto me. I hope he didn't have to carry me all the way to wherever we are.

"Legolas," I whispered in his ear. He flinched a little, clearly startled.

"You can put me down." He did, making sure I could stand. Gandalf sat on a rock with a frustrated sigh. A movement in the water caught my eye.

"Speak friend and enter," Frodo said at the gate.

"What's the elvish word for 'friend'?" The thing in the water swam closer.

"Mellon," Gandalf replied and the gate opened. Our group walked in. Gimli started talking about how great the city was. I've been here with my mother before and it was just a reminder of the battle that my father had fought. I pulled out of my thoughts when I tripped over a dead body. Legolas reached out and helped me steady myself. I flipped my palm up and fire emitted from it, letting light surround us. Gandalf lit his staff as well. There were dead bodies everywhere.

"This is no mine. It's a tomb," Boromir said, speaking what I was thinking. Gimli started yelling out in pain at the site. I kept thinking back to my mother. She always said,

"Never be ashamed that you are a dwarf and an elf for both creatures are powerful." I leaned down and placed my hand to one of the corpse's head. All of the memories of this dwarf flashed through my head. People were running and screaming while others were fighting goblins. Oh lord, there were goblins in Moria, still in Moria probably. I stood up quickly.

"Gandalf, goblins did this." Gandalf gave me a curious look.

"How would you know that?" I looked at the body I had touched before looking back up at Gandalf.

"I just had a feeling." The group raised their weapons in defense.

"Make for the gap of Rohan," Boromir said to Aragorn. He then yelled for us to get out. Something told me not to go, though. I didn't listen to my instincts and walked out of the entrance. Suddenly, a tentacle rushed passed me and grabbed Frodo by the leg. It started dragging him towards the water. Aragorn raced out and cut it, while the hobbits pulled Frodo back. Then ten more tentacles flew from the water and came at me. I made a slicing motion and fire burned the tentacle that came for me but the others grabbed Frodo. He began thrashing around wildly. I shot an arrow at the beast the same time Legolas did. Our arrows did no damage whatsoever.

Aragorn and Boromir ran into the water and began stabbing it. The beast opened its mouth and suspended Frodo above it. Boromir cut its tentacle before it could, thankfully. Gandalf called for us into the mines and we ran in quickly. The beast followed us but only managed to seal the entrance with rubble.

"We have but one choice. We must face the long and dark of Moria," Gandalf said, lighting his staff. We started walking. After some distance, we had to climb a wall. I climbed up and onto a floor that was covered with large rocks. I went and stood beside of Gandalf.

"I have no memory of this place."

***So this chapter is crappy but I'm sorry. Comment, fan, vote!***