Book Three: Chapter Five

The night of the Moon Festival is tonight. It's where we feast and dance under the moonlight. With some persuasion from mother, father agreed that I could pick which ever dress that I wanted. I decided on the pretty white one that showed off more than women here would approve of.

A knock came from the door before a red-head popped in. Liliana waved at me.

"Aurelius and I are going into the woods. Want to come?" I glared at her. Usually it was Aurelius and me who went into the woods. It was something special I guess. Not in a creepy incest way but just a brother-sister thing.

"Did he invite you?" I asked coldly. She didn't pick up on it.

"No but I thought that it would be fun to go into the forest like you." A wicked thought entered my brain. I could always leave her in the forest...

"Okay, I'll go," I said, smiling like a maniac. We met up with Aurelius soon after who looked just as annoyed as me about Liliana. I mouthed the words 'leave her in the forest' and he nodded that he understood.

We walked for about fifteen minutes until we were in the heart of the forest. I motioned for Aurelius to go and together we soundlessly made it back to the palace.

"I can't believe we are related to that," I said and Aurelius nodded in agreement. When he spotted Faradrim coming towards us, his expression turned cold. I bit my lip, waiting to see what would happen.

"Hello, Princess Kaelen. Prince Aurelius," he said, nodding to both of us. I smiled politely since he was being polite as well. Probably had something to do with Aurelius. Not liking the cold stare, I punched Aurelius in the arm. Hard.

"What is Merlin's beard, Kaelen!" He said, rubbing his shoulder. I rolled my eyes.

"Did something happen between you two?" They looked at each other, a silent message passing.

"No, nothing happened," Aurelius said quickly. I glared, knowing that he was lying.

"I will find out." With that, I walked away in a huff, almost running into Norian. He smiled at me.

"Hello, Kaelen. What has you in a huff?" I rolled my eyes.

"Aurelius." He nodded in understanding.

"Well, if you come from two stubborn parents, you would have to be stubborn yourself. I think the whole lot of you are stubborn," he said, grinning. Right then, I decided that he was okay in my book.

"So, I have a proposition for you." My ears perked up. He continued when I didn't respond. "How would you like to go on an adventure?" An adventure?

"What kind of an adventure?" I asked suspiciously. He chuckled.

"A dangerous one. As you know and I've bet you've felt, that a darkness is growing. Your father wants to keep the elves out of it but you aren't just elf, are you?" I could see where he was going with this.

"So when are we leaving?" I asked excitedly.

"Tomorrow before dawn." I nodded, wanting to run back to my chambers to pack.

"Don't tell anyone else," he said.

"Who else is coming with us?" I asked.

"Faradrim." I smiled before running back to my room.