Book Three: Chapter Six

At about eleven o'clock, I walked outside and into the center of town where we hold the Moon festival. I looked good, if I say so myself, with the white dress from mother on. I felt a tap on my shoulder, turning around to see Faradrim.

"You look handsome," I said, him in a classy black suit.

"And you, princess, look beautiful especially in this light." I giggled, taking his hand that he had put out. He lead me to the dance floor, beginning to dance like the other elven couples. I smiled, sidestepping beside him. I then felt a burning on the back of my head, not literally though. Just figuratively. I turned to look, seeing my father glaring in my direction. I think he was glaring at Faradrim, though.

"Do you want to go somewhere private?" he asked, noticing my father then. I nodded, following him to a secluded place in the garden about five minutes away from the festival. I sat down the bench, him sitting next to me and taking my hand. I leaned into his chest.

"The moon is perfect tonight," I commented, my hand squeezing his gently. Suddenly, the moon went red then a scream pierced the air. Faradrim and I ran back to the festival to see dark hooded figures riding on black horses, beheading elves. I took a knife out of the holder by my boots, flinging it at the nearest black rider. It went straight threw him and into a tree nearby.

"I need to get you out of here. Norian too," Faradrim said, taking my arm and dragging me into the palace. I went into my room, grabbing my packed bag that I was going to take tomorrow, then meeting Faradrim and Norian right outside the door.

"The palace is in destruction and panick," Norian said grimly.

"Do you know where my parents are?" I asked, running with them to three horses.

"Your father is taking down as many of those as he can while your mother is using her magic. They sent word to Gondor." I swung a leg over the white horse, pressing my knees in so it would start moving.

"Make haste, Bellfire," Norian yelled to his redish-brown horse, Faradrim and I beside him.

*

At about dawn, Norian stopped us at a stream so we could drink and our horses as well. Norian sat down on one of the rocks.

"Things are as bad as I had feared," he said, staring at us in seriousness. "A new evil has risen. You do not remember the days of Sarauman since they were before you were born but this has to be worse than before."

"There aren't any orcs," I reminded him, remembering the horrid stories about the creatures.

"There are. I'm surprised that they weren't the ones attacking but the cloaked figures do more damage, I believe." I sighed.

"How are we going to defeat them, grandfather?" He stared off into the distance, clearly deep in thought. Suddenly, he sat up.

"We need to go to Gondor. Get word from Aragorn about troops. Then we'll go from there." I nodded, standing up and wiping dust from my hands. We then loaded up onto the horses again, making our way to Gondor.

*