three

Amayla bolts out of her bed after her hearing her alarm clock for the first time. She stretches and leaves her bedroom to wake up Diana. Amayla opens the door and shuts her sister's light on and off to wake her up.

"Okay! Okay! I'm up! Thanks." Diana says, and she starts stretching in her bed. Amayla walks back to her room and goes into her bathroom to get ready for school. 

The girls head downstairs and walk into the kitchen and start having breakfast with their mother. Mrs. Harris cooks her daughters separate breakfast. Amayla likes fruit salad with a side of an egg and one piece of avocado toast.  Diana likes a juice smoothie and morning homemade granola bar. Mrs. Harris has long gone to accept that her daughters are very and completely different. 

"So! Are you girls excited for school?" Mrs. Harris says as she sips her coffee. 

"Yeah! I can sign up for more classes and clubs to put on my College Admission form."

"Remember Amayla, you are only sixteen. Don't put too much pressure on yourself."

"Don't worry, Mom, I can handle it." Amayla said.

"How about you, Diana? Are you excited about school?" 

"Somewhat, I'm going to try out for the Vixens~," Diana says as she sips her smoothie. 

"What are the Vixens?" Mrs. Harris asks.

"Cheerleading squad." Amayla says, biting into her toast.

"It's going to be great! I was cheerleading captain in Colorado, so I'm going to be one in Riverdale."

"Love the Positivity honey, by the way I can't take you girls to school due to an early morning job transfer I have to do to be transferred to Riverdale's Newscast; so, Mrs. Mantle offered her son to take you girls to school since he goes to Riverdale High as well."  

Amayla finishes her breakfast and starts wondering how Mrs. Mantle was a little too nice after meeting a family that she only known yesterday. As the girls say goodbye to their mother, Amayla and Diana walk over to the Mantle's House and notice Reggie leaning on his car, whipping his car keys with his finger. Diana goes over to Reggie and starts talking to him while Amayla is dusting off her skirt. Reggie then looks at Amayla and says:

"Are you coming?" 

"Yeah, I'm coming..."

"Alright then." Reggie says as he goes over to the driver's seat.

Amayla was about to go over to the front passenger's seat, but Diana swooped the seat before she could claim it. Amayla exhales and goes into the backseat where she always was when it came to the car for the sixteen years of her life. Reggie starts driving, and it is ultimate silent other than the wind blowing through everyone's hair. 

"Mantle, is there anything we need to know about Riverdale High?" Diana asks.

"Uh, well, last year, one of our most popular girls, Cheryl Blossom, her brother, Jason Blossom, was murdered and had everyone on standby."  

"Wow," Diana says as she looks at the views of the town. "That's sad."

"Yeah, they were twins. And she became more selfish and brattier as usual. Riverdale's football team had become officially unbeatable. So, we're hoping that we win against the Hawks next month." 

  "That's great! And you're Captain? ~"

"Co- Captain, Jasson was our captain, and after he died, Andrews had become captain and made me co-captain." 

"Wow~" Diana says. And Amayla knew that voice. She was flirting with him. Amayla was silent for the whole ride to school. After Reggie parked his car, they got out, and Diana continued to talk Reggie's ear off until they got inside. Amayla had her head down until she bumped into something hard. She falls on the floor, and her white headband comes off, knocking it to the side by her ankle.   

"Oh! Hey, are you okay?" a boy says, helping her up. 

"Y-yeah... I'm okay." Amayla says as she looks for her headband. 

The boy picks the headband up and looks at her. "I think this is yours." The boy smiles. Amayla looks at the boy. He is a redhead with brown eyes. He wears the same jersey Reggie wears and has a bright white smile. Amayla stares at her white headband in his hands and takes it gently from his hands. 

"Thank you, I really appreciate it."

"What's your name?" the boy asked. 

"Amayla, Amayla Harris." 

The boy nods and watches Amayla put her headband back on and pulls out his hand, and says:

         "Archie, Archie Andrews."