seven

"Hello sir," Reggie complies. "I'm Reginald Mantle, your next-door neighbor," Reggie says as he pulls out his hand.

Mr. Harris firmly shakes Reggie's hand.

Amayla stares at both of them as they continue speaking:

"Nice to meet you, Reginald. But I think you didn't answer my question."

"Well, sir, I just wanted Amayla's number since we've been talking lately, and we're at the same school -"

"And that justifies into deserving my daughter's number, Mr. Mantle?."

Reggie gulps.

"Dad, oh my gosh, stop you're scaring him! He was just being nice and helping me out with school, that's all." Amayla says.

Mr. Harris looks at Amayla and Reggie. He nods and walks inside the house before saying:

"Alright, hope we meet again, Mr. Mantle."

Reggie nods as he closes the door. Amayla sees the nervousness on his face and reassures him that Mr. Harris has always been protective of the Harris Girls. While Reggie exhales and looks at Amayla, Amayla takes a step closer to him.

"You can have my number.." Amayla says as she pulls out her phone.

Reggie gently takes the phone from her hands, which made their hands gently brush against each other. Amayla takes his phone and types in her number. Meanwhile, Reggie does the same. They swap back phones and look back at each other.

"I'll text you," Reggie says. "Will you respond?"

"That depends if I'm busy with my studies," Amayla says as she stands on her toes.

Reggie smiles. "I will spam you if you don't answer."

"Don't. That will be annoying."

Reggie looks at Amayla with his deep, dark brown eyes. "Then I'll call tonight then."

"And if I don't answer, then?" Amayla asks.

"I'll call again and again," Reggie says as Amayla giggles at him.

"Bye, Reggie," Amayla says as she starts walking towards her door. She turns around and says: "See you tomorrow." And shuts the door.

●●●●

Amayla reads her book peacefully until Diana bursts into her room:

"Oh, she's alive," Diana says. "Why haven't you responded to my texts?"

"I did," Amayla replies. "With my anger towards you."

Diana scoffs. "And what do you have to be angry about Amayla?"

"The fact that you crushed someone's only standing at school because you always want attention drawn to you."

"It's not my fault she lost," Diana says as she folds her arms.

"It still didn't give you the right to do that, Diana!" Amayla says. "Gosh, you only think about yourself."