thirty (Pt.3)

●●●●

The clock was ticking for Reggie Mantle as he ran to the Newspaper Room, bursting into the club room, striking into the library, and blasting into the Newspaper Room; as his eyes rest on Betty Cooper, putting more papers into the printer.

"Betty, I need your help."

Betty looks up. "Oh God. What happened now?"

Reggie gives Betty's the letter while pancing back and forth, running his fingers through his hair. Betty reads the letter in confusion while handing the letter back to him. "Oh my God, she really went back??"

"Yeah!"

"Well, when is she coming back?!"

"I don't know -"

"What do you mean you don't know?!"

"All she gave me was the letter! -"

"You're supposed to be her boyfriend!. -"

"And you're supposed to be her best friend!."

The two finally relax after blowing the steam at each other as they both sit down on the table. Meanwhile, Reggie plays with his fingers.

"Betty, I love her. God, I love her more than myself."

"Don't say that. Look, I get it. When I was with Jughead, he meant the world to me. He opened so many possibilities that I couldn't even imagine. Amayla will come back. I know her."

"What if she doesn't?.... What happens then?..."

Betty stands up and turns back to him. "Then date from afar! Travel to see each other during winter break or spring! The future isn't set in stone, Reggie..."

Reggie stares back at Betty and nods in agreement. "You're right.."

Betty pats his shoulder and gives a reassuring smile. "She'll be okay, and once she gets a hold of the phone, we'll get to the bottom of what's going on. Okay?"

"Okay." Reggie turns to the Riverdale Hallway. "How come you're not in class?"

"Oh, today the students are in the assembly today. Kevin had said he had to get pictures for the newspaper -"

Kevin bursts into the room, out of breath, while holding the camera in his hand. Betty stares at him with confusion and curiosity. "Kevin, what happened? -"

"ARCHIE GOT ARRESTED!!"

●●●●

Amayla slowly opens her eyes as she stares at her bedroom. She turns to the side and watches Diana sleep, finally seeing her puffy eyes simmer down from all the crying they did last night.

Although Diana wanted to stay in Colorado, Amayla truly wanted to stay in Riverdale; not just for Reggie, Betty, and Kevin. She wanted to stay because she fully felt free there. Riverdale is her home.

Amayla gets out of bed and grabs her phone, and goes to the balcony while she scrolls to Reggie's number; she puts her phone to ear and silently listens to the phone ring. After four rings, Reggie picks up the phone with some loud noise in the background.