thirteen

Amayla, Kevin, and Betty sit in the Riverdale High Cafeteria as they have lunch together. But with Amayla having a lot to say in her heart, she decides to tell her two best friends about the sleepover with Reginald Mantle.

"WHAT?!" Kevin says as he slams his hands onto the table. The whole cafeteria stares at Kevin as he slowly sits down and clears his throat. "Continue."

"I know it sounds crazy -"

"Yeah, on the fact that you and Mantle spent the night together -"

"At your house," said Kevin.

"And -"

"Almost Kissed!! -"

"Kevin!."

Kevin apologizes as Betty continues. "Do you like Mantle?"

"I-I.." Amayla stuttered as she twirled her hair. "Even if I did, would we be compatible?"

"I could see it," said Betty as she snacked on her potato chip. "But it doesn't matter what people think. It matters what you and Reggie feel about each other."

Amayla knew Betty was right. Hell, she was right. It didn't matter what people thought.  Deep down, Amayla was slowly developing feelings for him.

"Oh, and one thing," said Kevin.

"What?" Amayla asks as she blinks her eyes.

"DON'T TELL VERONICA."

●●●●

Lunch ends, and as Amayla is at her locker grabbing her textbook, a pale hand slams her locker shut. Amayla jumps to see Cheryl, grinning at her.

"Hello, other Harris Sister," Cheryl says as she folds her arms. "I need to have a discussion with you."

"Um.. okay?-"

"Your father is a lawyer in my brother's case," Cheryl states. "I want him to dig deeper."

"What do you mean by 'deeper'?" Amayla asks.

Cheryl looks around and exhales. "I want him and his investigators to integrate Archie Andrews."

"Archie? Why Archie?"

"Right, you weren't in Riverdale when it happened."

What Happened?

"I wasn't in Riverdale when what happened?"

"The former music teacher, Ms. Grundy was sleeping with Andrews."

Amayla's eyes widen.

"Yeah, I know. I think they were there the night Jason was... gone."

"Are you positive about this statement?," Amayla asks. "Because once I tell my father about your statement, there is no going back. And your family has been blaming everyone who was that river that day."

"Oh please, my mother is blaming everyone," Cheryl states. "But, I'm positive. I want this in court for the monster who did this."