thirty-one

Reginald Mantle, in that moment, played out the multiple scenarios of what could happen with him, Archie, and the gun. He could run out, only for Archie to shoot him in the back; or he could tussle Archie on the ground and the gun accidentally goes off; or he could, in that moment, comply to Archie's orders.

Reggie swallows the anger with pride and looks directly at him, finally giving him his answer.

●●●●

Back in Colorado, Amayla finally finishes cleaning the dishes and grabs her phone, staring at the couple picture of her and Reggie as her wallpaper. Smiling to herself, she remembers the day like it was yesterday. Reggie decided to take Amayla on a picnic during Spirit Week in the Riverdale flower field. Amayla brought her camera along and was taking pictures of Reggie the whole entire time.

Reggie leans over and gently pulls the camera out of Amayla's hands. Amayla's eyes widen, trying to get the camera. "Be careful, Reggie. I really like that camera."

"I will. Just let me take a picture of you."

"Reggie, I don't look good in pictures... -"

Reggie aims the camera shot toward her. "Impossible." Reggie then looks over and pecks a fresh and bloomy daisy off its stem and tucks it behind Amayla's ear.

"There."

Amayla giggles until she hears the click of her camera take three shots, realizing Reggie already was taking pictures.

"Reggie!"

Reggie smiles. "Come on, you are too beautiful not to take pictures. At least take some for my Amayla collection."

Amayla puffs her cheeks and finally smiles again, letting Reggie take more pictures.

Reggie leans backward, taking more shots. "Beautiful."

Amayla smiles while crawling towards him and takes the camera back. "Let's take a picture."

Reggie smiles in curiosity. "How?"

Amayla lays the camera behind the picnic basket and aims their position. "My camera has a timer."

Amayla scoots closer behind Reggie and rests his hands on her waist while grabbing the timer button for the camera to start. Reggie kisses behind Amayla's ear, making her giggle and click on the timer.

They were too busy kissing that the camera did its job, Amayla and Reggie, in the flower field, Amayla's face happily smiling and with Reggie kissing her head.

Amayla smiles as she remembers everything about how she saw that picture turn out. She instantly made it her wallpaper and never changed it ever since. Amayla was about to call Reggie until she realized that it was late and that there would be possibly that Reggie would be asleep.

Amayla goes to text and texts Reggie. 'Goodnight, talk to you tomorrow ♡' And as she hit sent, she headed upstairs, getting ready for bed.

●●●●

"So, what's your plan, Andrews? Live in my house until you're off the grid?."