six

Cheryl Blossom hated two things. When people wear her signature color and when a person doesn't answer her question accordingly.

Amayla gulps and nods in response to Cheryl's question. Cheryl steps out of the bathroom stall and looks closely at Amayla.

"Your sister took everything from me. Do you realize that?." Cheryl says.

"Y-yeah.. I'm sorry.. you know siblings.. " Amayla pauses and looks at Cheryl. Cheryl's eyes soften as she remembers her brother and the times they had.

Jason Blossom was the Bulldog Captain of the school as Cheryl was the Captain of the Vixens. They were an unstoppable team. They supported each other. They loved each other.

Cheryl looks at Amayla and says:
"Yeah.. I know. And let your bitch whore of a sister know that I am coming for her."

Blossom leaves Amayla in the bathroom alone in complete shock about what came out of her mouth. It wasn't too hard to ask for a normal life, right? Amayla exhales as she thinks of the positives in her life right now. No more "drama" and Dad is coming home soon. And that is where Amayla left her priorities.

●●●●●

School was over, and Amayla already had her schedule set and planned. Veronica had offered Amayla a ride home, but she politely declined. Diana has been spamming her phone all day about herself being the new Captain of the Vixens; and although Amayla didn't give a flying rat, she read her messages. She was ashamed that her sister didn't know how much of an attention hogger she was.

Reggie swoops Amayla's backpack and books from behind her. Amayla jumps in surprise seeing Reggie so soon.

"Hey, are you ready?" Reggie asks.

"Yeah, I'm ready." Amayla says as she walks down the stairs with Reggie.

"I'm kinda hungry.. do you feel like eating?"

Amayla looks at Reggie and nods.

"Cool, I know a place. Everyone in Riverdale eats there."

"Everyone?"

Reggie nods. "Yeah, Pops Diner.. it's been there since the 1940s. They still sell fantastic burgers, fries, and milkshakes."

"I do like milkshakes..," Amayla says. "Okay, I'll go with you."

Reggie smiles to himself as they walk towards his car.

●●●●

Pop's Diner was very old-fashioned. The red and blue sign that blasted through the parking lot showed. Amayla could smell the delicious food through the Diner. Reggie wasn't lying. Reggie introduces Amayla to Pops, the owner of the Diner, and was able to get them a booth in the middle of the Diner.

Amayla stares at the menu as she wonders what she was going to eat. Reggie clears his throat and says:

"You can get anything you want," Reggie says. "If you want more."

Amayla looks up at him. "Thanks, I appreciate it," she says. "I'll just get fries and a milkshake."

"You don't want a burger?" Reggie asks.

"Not really, I'm not a gigantic fan of burgers... I'll eat them every once and while, but not all the time."

Reggie nods and gives their order to the waitress; They sit in silence as they wait for their food. Reggie didn't know how to start the conversation. Heck, how could he know? He had only dated two girls in Riverdale. Josie and Veronica. Josie was someone who passionate about music, which inspired him. She left, then after it was Veronica. He loved Veronica, but time and missing Andrews had sucked up a lot of time on their hands.

Reggie bounces his leg up and down under the table as he thinks about how to start the conversation. Amayla interrupts the thought process as she speaks:

"How long have you been living in Riverdale?"

Reggie snaps out of thought.

"I've been living her since I was three years old," says Reggie. "Have you been enjoying Riverdale lately?"

Amayla looks at Reggie while twirling her hair: "Well, I wouldn't say I automatically love it, but maybe just wait and see?"

They both nodded at each other at the same time, which made them laugh. The food came, and Amayla fell in love with fries and delicious chocolate milkshake. Reggie smiles at her eating and starts eating his food.

Amayla had a million angry thoughts in her mind today, but Reggie made them disappear a little bit. Even after they ate, Reggie and Amayla still talked even after paying the check. Even though Amayla's first day in Riverdale was filled with unnecessary negativity, it felt decent after.

After Pop's, Reggie drives up to his driveway and gets Amayla out of the car. Amayla and Reggie walk toward the door and look at each other.

"Thank you for driving me home, Reggie," Amayla says. "And Pops was really good, by the way." She smiles.

Reggie smiles. "That's good to hear."

The silence began until Mantle opened his mouth.

"Um, Amayla, can I have your number?-"

A man opens the door and breaks the moment. Amayla's eyes widen as she stares at him. Reggie looks in confusion.

"Daddy!" Amayla drops her books and hugs him.

Mr. Harris hugs her back and looks at the boy from behind her.

"Hello, young man," Mr. Harris says as he gives Reggie a dark stare. "And may I ask why you want my daughter's number?."