Epilogue...

Jia looked down at the sleeping face of her little brother, Amenadiel, and she sighed happily. He was a beautiful, perfect little Angelic baby, complete with the tiniest pair of feathered wings.

"He's so beautiful," she sighed.

"You say that every time you see him," Lucifer remarked. They were visiting the Angelic realm to see her brother, and being back in his former home seemed to put her mate at ease.

"Because it's true." She counted Amenadiel's delicate fingers again, her heart squeezing as they wrapped around one of hers tightly.

"I still can't believe Michael and Lauviah had a baby," the demon prince remarked.

"I can be charming when I want to be," Michael chuckled from his place on the sofa beside Jia's mother. Lauvi gazed at her two children with nothing but wholehearted love and rested her head on Michael's shoulder.

"How does it feel to be a brother-in-law to a newborn?" Jia asked Lucifer.

"I don't know. You never let me get a look in." She giggled and handed Amenadiel over to Lucifer, watching as he took the small blanketed bundle from her gently and smiled down at the sleeping baby. "He's much cuter and quieter than the usual brothers, at least."

"Wait until he learns to fly and I make you babysit," Michael laughed. "You'll change your mind then."

Jia smiled at their exchange, pleased that her mother had finally found the life she'd been after for millennia. She was settled and happy with Michael.

Jia's work between the realms was going well too. Her magic had been used to open pathways back and forth between them, reuniting the fallen with their former home and letting the Angels see that demons weren't all monsters.

The human realm struggled with the transition the most. They were the hardest hit by Satan's plan, and convincing them to live in harmony with the Vampires who'd once fed on them was hard work. It was slow progress, but Mammon and Evander were doing an excellent job of collaborating with the Witches to campaign for peace.

After years of turmoil, Jia finally felt peaceful enough to settle down. She had a purpose. She had love. She had family. She had friends.

There was one more thing she had that nobody knew about.

She smiled again at Lucifer cradling Amenadiel, who stretched and opened eyes the same shade of pure gold as Michael's. He cooed down at the tiny Angel, brushing blonde hair back from his soft skin.

Jia put her hand on her stomach, hoping the life inside it could feel just how much she loved it already. She couldn't keep it a secret anymore.

"I hope you're this good with our baby," she commented. Lucifer looked up at her quickly, then down at the hand resting on her midsection. His eyes widened, and then his cheeks split with the most beautiful, breathtaking smile.

oO END Oo

AN: Wow! After months and months and MONTHS of writing this, Morningstar is finally at an end. At times it felt almost impossible to write, but I'm so glad I was able to finish it. I hope all of you have loved reading it, and thank you to everyone who came back to read even after my hiatus! Special thanks to Laurie for being there from the beginning <3