Chapter Thirty Six...

"We should stop," Jia gasped as Lucifer's lips moved to her throat. Every touch made her shiver.

"Uh huh," he replied, not really listening to her. She tried to pull her thoughts into some semblance of order and failed miserably as his teeth grazed her skin. Despite her words, her head tipped back on its own, her hands bunching his shirt up automatically between her fingers.

"This is a terrible idea."

"Probably." He kissed her again, his tongue tracing her lower lip slowly enough to make another shiver roll through her. She felt him smile against her mouth. "I can stop if you want." He barely paused their kiss to speak. She didn't want to stop but she knew it wasn't right to continue. She felt like she was using him.

"Wait a minute." He sat back, his eyes smouldering as his hair fell into them. If she'd been standing she knew she'd be weak at the knees. She tried again to gather her thoughts. "This really is a bad idea." She ran her hands through her hair, working hard to keep her gaze away from the exposed skin where Lucifer's shirt buttons had come loose in her grip.

"Oh it's definitely a bad idea." His grin was wicked and heat curled in her stomach in response.

"You're not thinking straight. You haven't slept for days."

"I'm thinking perfectly well, thank you."

"I kissed my best friend earlier."

"What does that have to do with this?"

"Don't you feel like I'm doing to you exactly what you said Evan would do to me?" He cocked his head and sat forwards, raising an eyebrow as he brought their faces closer.

"Are you?"

"I don't know."

"Then it doesn't matter." She frowned at him and a crooked smile lifted the corner of his mouth. "I started this, so that automatically makes it my fault."

"But I still kissed you back."

"Jia?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up."

His mouth was back on hers again, drawing out every last ounce of her resolve and smashing it to pieces. In seconds she was kissing him as eagerly as he kissed her.

Working on their own, her hands unfastened the remaining buttons on his shirt before reaching out to trace the contours of his chest and stomach. She lingered over the pact mark and this time it was his turn to shiver. Driven by instinct, she grazed her teeth against his bottom lip and he groaned, a low, wild sound deep in his throat.

He was on his feet and lifting her in seconds, locking her legs around his hips without breaking the kiss as he carried her into the shadows, stepping out of them in his room. He laid her back against the soft pillows on his bed and settled himself over her, making her heart thunder in her chest like it was trying to break through her ribs. She sucked in a sharp breath as he nipped at the sensitive skin of her throat, his left hand tracing the curve of her waist and trailing over her hip. He gripped her thigh, pulling her closer as she knotted her fingers in his hair.

Lucifer took his time with her, working slowly and deliberately as he undressed her and worshipped every inch of her body. She didn't think about Satan, or her father, or Evander. There was only him, his touch, and the sweet, spicy scent of his skin.

oO0Oo

The sun creeping through a crack in the curtains made her groan. She tried to throw an arm over her face and turn away but there was something warm behind her, blocking her path. She froze as the memory of the night before came flooding back and her cheeks began to burn brighter than a beacon. Slowly, she turned over to look at her companion.