Chapter Eleven...

Breakfast was much quieter than the rowdy dinner the night before. Most of the students were still half asleep and Bell had actually brought a pillow with him to nap at the table. Mammon looked over at his slumbering brother and shook his head in despair while Lucifer sat and read a book, a cup of tea clasped in his gloved hand.

"Morning Jia," Beelzebub called as she entered the room. His hair was pulled back into a loose bun and his eyes were bright and alert. She waved and found a space to sit and eat nearby.

As soon as she sat down Asmodeus occupied the seat beside her and flashed a devastatingly handsome smile, soft strands of steel hair falling over his brow.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes? The uniform fits you wonderfully," he said. She looked down at the blazer and skirt she was wearing and fought the rising blush in her cheeks. "I dare say you could pass for a Demon with the way you wear it so well."

Lucifer's head turned so he could gaze coolly at Asmodeus. There was no anger in his face but the intensity of the look made the other Demon backtrack.

"I don't mean that in a flirtatious way, of course. It's merely a compliment," Asmodeus stuttered. Lucifer maintained the look a moment longer before going back to his reading.

"Thank you," Jia mumbled. Asmodeus opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by Beelzebub's hulking figure approaching. The larger Demon put an arm around each of their shoulders, a wide grin on his face.

"Breakfast is my favourite time of the day," he said. "Everybody is too tired to get on my nerves and there's bacon."

"I swiped you an extra yoghurt and a cream cheese bagel," she answered with her own bright smile. "I'm never hungry at breakfast so I figured you could have mine, Bee."

"I like you," he answered with a nod. "Thank you." She passed him the food and squeezed up so he could fit in beside her.

"You like anyone that feeds you," Asmodeus answered, rolling his eyes.

"You feed me but I don't like you," Bee answered without looking up from his food. "Explain that one away."

"Everyone loves me," Asmodeus chuckled. "I'm the embodiment of love."

"You're the embodiment of lust," Mammon corrected from across the table. "There's a difference. People can want to sleep with you without liking you."

"And you're the embodiment of greed," Asmodeus sniffed, turning his nose up at the silver haired Demon. "I know which I prefer."

"You don't seem very greedy," Jia frowned. Mammon chuckled.

"Look in my wardrobe," he winked. "You won't find anything but designer in there." He turned his gaze back to Asmodeus and raised an eyebrow. "I'd much rather have designer clothes and a truck load of money than a list of sexual conquests as long as my arm."