"We're just friends"

Eventually, he caught up to me, grabbing me by the waist and trying to pull me back.

"WHAT? you can't do that!" I said, laughing uncontrollably.

We ended up running into the elevator at the same time, making it a tie.

Our giggles soon turned into belly laughs as the elevator door closes, leaving us alone, together.

We both took one side of the elevator, making us face each other.

"We should take the bus to Starbucks, right?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, we can take the 10."

Ding

This time, I let him exit first.

As he left the elevator, an old women came walking through with a cane in her right hand. He waited for me politely as I let the elderly women go through first.

"Oh to be young and beautiful again." She said, as she was making her way through.

Jack and I just laughed it off, him being on the outside of the elevator and me still being in the inside.

"You two are a very cute couple, I must say." She added on.

"Oh uh-"

"Yeah um.."

"We're not actually a couple, we're just friends." I replied, as I walked out of the elevator.

She smiled at the both of us, and the elevator closed before she could even reply.

We exited the building, shrugging it off.

As we walked down to the bus station, I could feel his hand slightly brushing against mine.

"What's your favourite tv series?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"Hmm.. probably Friends."

"No way! That's my favourite too!"

"Really? Who's your favourite character?"

"Joey."           "Joey."

We say at the same time.

"Okay, okay." I say, acting a little impressed.

"What's your favourite season?" I questioned.

"Season 9."        "Season 9."

We say, again at the same time.

Ding

I check my phone and see my BeReal notification.

"Oh haha, I gotta do my BeReal quickly, wanna be in it?" I asked.

"Hell yeah!"

I extended my arm out and took a selfie of us, before I hit click, he put his arm around me, making a rock and roll hand symbol. When the camera flipped, I showed the bus station we had stopped at.

A couple seconds later, our bus arrived. Perfect timing.

We got on, and all the seats were taken. We stood facing each other as there wasn't really much of a choice because of the amount of people on the bus.

Our eyes kept accidentally linking ever so often.

We were both on our phones scrolling through TikTok.

He was holding onto the little loop that comes out of the roof, while I was holding onto a random pole.

The bus suddenly stops, and I go flying forwards, crashing into him. Before I can fully knock over, he catches me and helps me up. We both start giggling. I try to avoid eye contact because I was slightly embarrassed.

"You okay?" He said, trying not to laugh.

"Yea I'm fine." I replied, wiping the smile off my face.

I fully stand back up and make sure to hold on a little tighter this time.

Our bus comes to an end, and we get off right in front of the centre that holds a bunch of different stores, including Starbucks.

We walk in, and get in line.

"What's your go to Starbucks order?" I ask.

"I don't really know... to be honest, I don't come here a lot."

"Oh okay, I gotchu." I say, jokingly as we make our way to the cashier.

I cut in front of him and said, "just, trust me, okay?"

"Hi, can I please get a tall mango dragon fruit refresher, with peach juice instead of water, and light ice please?"

"And then for myself, can I please get a tall iced chai tea latte, with vanilla cold foam and light ice?" I added on.

"Yeah, and what would be the name for that?" The barista asked.

"Y/N"

"Okay Y/N, your total will come to $12.07."

I took out my Apple Pay, and before I could tap, jack said "hey what's that?" And pointed to the left. He quickly shoved my phone out of the way with his, and paid for both mine and his drink.

I looked up at him and he looked back down at me with a little grin.

"Okay Y/N, your drinks will be ready soon."

We walked off and found a table for two.

"So, was that like a different language you spoke there?"

"You just gotta get creative with the drinks!" I replied.

"Hold on, I just gotta go to the washroom real quick." I said.

I left my stuff with jack and quickly went to the washroom.

After I was finished, I came back out and saw our two drinks on the table.

I sat down and took a sip out of my drink.

"Damn, this is like really good!" He stated, taking a couple more sips.

"I knew you would like it!"

I went on my phone and started going through my camera roll. Although, I noticed a couple new photos that I didn't see before. It was jack posing with our drinks! He must of taken my phone while I was in the washroom, and took a bunch of goofy selfies of himself.

"Jackkk?" I said, trying to contain my laughter.

"Yeeessss?" He said, mocking my tone.

I turned my phone around and showed him one of the photos he took of himself.

"Wow, that guys like really hot! What's his name?" He asked, jokingly.

"Oh my god, shut up!" I said, bumping my knee against his.

He smiled and continued sipping on his drink. Once we both finished, we decided to walk around the mall a bit more. I was looking around when I spotted  an H&M.

"Hey, remember how I said I would get you a new shirt?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I do." He answered.