Jealousy

Once we all sat down at the dinner table to eat, I could feel Gavin's eyes on and off of me. If I'm being honest I couldn't quite keep my eyes off of him either. I tried to not make it obvious.

"Can someone pass the potatoes?" My mom asked.

As I reach for the plate, my hand meets Gavin.

Bruh.

He backs his hands away and so do I.

"I-uh" we both stammer.

My mom quickly leans over and grabs it herself.

Embarrassed, I look at my plate pretending to be distracted with my food.

I slightly look up and see Gavin doing the same, except he had a huge grin on his face.

Knock knock

We all look at each other in confusion. Was anyone else supposed to be here? No, just the mom and her son— or well, Gavin.

Hesitantly, I get up from my chair. Gavin follows behind me.

I unlock and open the door. My eyes meet a brown eyed boy. It was jack. What is Jack doing here?

"Jack?" I ask, making sure I wasn't imagining things.

"Who's he?" Gavin asks. Shoot, i completely forgot he was standing right behind me.

"Uh, I came by to pick up my hoodie, but it looks like your busy— I'll just um come back—"

"No!" I cut him off.

I put my hand on my forhead, "I-I mean, here, let me get your hoodie."

Gavin reaches out for my hand, "Y/N, maybe me and my mom should go."

As I attempt to walk away, jack grabs my arm.

"Seriously, I'll just come by later. I don't wanna disturb you and your date," he says exchanging Gavin's and I a look.

As he begins walking away I yell, "He's not my date!! It's not what it looks like-"

"It's exactly what it looks like, Y/N!" He yells back, walking away.

I run my hands over my face, "Dude, we're not even together—why are you acting like this??"

Jacks stops walking, turning around to face me."That's the problem, Y/N! We're not together! And we should be." He blurts out.

"What?" I ask in confusion.

He groans, "Oh my god, Y/N, I like you. I like spending time with you, I like being your friend— screw that I want to be your boyfriend!" He exclaims.

I stand there, with Gavin right behind me. My jaw to the floor.

"I-I didn't know you felt that way," I awkwardly say.

Jack sighs, "Yeah, well, now you do," he scratches the back of his head.

I walk out the door putting my hand on Jacks face. I begin to close my eyes, pressing my lips on his. He puts his hand on my waist and we move in sync. Gavin clears his throat, uncomfortable in this situation. I pull away with the thought of my my mom and her colleague in the other room, and well, Gavin right behind me.

"Jack, can I text you tonight?" I ask, reassuring him.

He smiles, "Yeah, yeah of course."

I wave goodbye and shut the door behind me.

Leaning against the door I slide down onto my butt.

"You okay?" Gavin asks, tilting his head.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good. Sorry, that was like really awkward and uncomfortable for you—"

"Don't even worry about it. I'm just glad we're on good terms."

I look up, smiling at his understandence.

"Anyways, I guess I'll uh, see you on set, right?"

I shake my head, almost forgetting that we both got the part. "Right, yeah, I'll see you on set!"

Gavin and his mom left around 11:00 pm. I had my ups and downs that night, but it was still a good night. Once I was in bed I did one thing I was excited for besides sleeping. I texted Jack.

Sorry if I hadn't published in a while! And sorry if it's rushed as well. I hope y'all enjoyedddddd.