20- What are we doing?

A/N: Okay so first before I start I want to thank you guys so so much 12 FLIPPING K READS!!! I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH! All your support has been amazing, I was so reluctant to come on here cus I know I was (still am) a crap spell (thanks for putting up with my bad english skills too.) Anyway this is a real short chapter but that's cus the next ones gonna be pretty long, thankyou all once again and enjoy!

Arthur and Merlin walked back to the camp in a happy silence, they stood so close and their hands knocked together ever so lightly with each sway. Very goofy smiles were planted on both the men's faces as they shyly looked to the ground with flushed cheeks. They reached closer to the camp site and they could already hear the people that were now awake: the clanging pots and pans as people began to prepare the breakfast, the bleeting of goats and shuffling of horses waiting to be fed. A little ball of blue tore down the path they walked upon and ran straight into Merlin's arms knocking him back. Merlin laughed and looked down at Valith in his arms, "Hey little one." He said as he stroked it and the dragoe responded by snuggling down into his arms, his body heat elevating. Arthur walked over to it and patted the dragoe on the head. Merlin smiled up to Arthur for a moment, but the two quickly broke eye contact as their faces flushed red and Merlin couldn't help but giggle. Valith managed to scramble up Merlin's neck and sat happily on his shoulder, they continued to walk in the same peaceful silence between them.

Arthur felt significantly stronger after their little 'adventure' to the pond, he wondered if that was Merlin's doing or if it was because of the lake itself, most likely both.  "Well, well, well, if it isn't sunshine and raven head back from their little expedition." Mocked Alister, wiggling his eyebrows as the two walked past.

"Having fun were we? That's quite a red pair of faces you two have." Jordan joined in as he pranced around the two humming a little bouncy tune. Arthur's face had turned a bright shade of red but Merlin seemed unfazed by it.

"You can talk." Merlin smirked and looked at the pair of them, all he got in  return was a nervous laugh and a light shove from Jordan, neither made eye contact with Arthur, "What? Didn't want the King of Camelot to know about your late night walks?" Merlin added and Arthur finally understood what he was on about and tried as hard as he could to hold back his laugher.

"Oh ha ha" Alister said, smiling nervously. Merlin laughed again, reached back and grabbed Arthur's hand. He pushed passed the two stunned faces and led the way back to the tent, Arthur let himself be led and was quite astonished with the calmness of the few people that saw them holding hands. Once they had gotten back to the tent, Merlin let go of Arthur's hand and sat on his bed with a smile, Arthur followed his action and sat on his own bed. Valith bounded off outside, his head high as he pranced, quite content to be on his own.

Once Arthur sat down he had already begun to talk, "So those two are they-"

"Yep." Merlin said cheerfully, completely cutting Arthur off and already answering his unfinished question.

"Right. And does everyone kno-"

"Yep." Merlin said again and jumped of his make shift bed. He stood beside Arthur's little bedside table which separated his and Arthur's bed and instead shifted it out the way.

"You know you could actually wait for me to finish before you answer the King of Camelot's question." Arthur said watching Merlin with a sly smile as he moved about.  Merlin was now by his own bed and was picking it up at the side but he stopped after Arthur had spoken as if considering the question.

He looked back at Arthur for a moment and smiled, "Nahhhhh" He said as he dragged his bed until it was up next to Arthur's.  "Do you really think that title is supposed to scare me?" he added smirking at Arthur. Merlin jumped onto the newly moved bed and happily put his arms behind his head. Arthur looked at Merlin and the bed, he lazily shoved Merlin and laughed then copied Merlin's position. The two lay in silence and listened  to the commotion outside, Arthur looked to the roof of the tent and sighed, "What are we doing Merlin?" he asked, it was a real question and he hoped Merlin would come up with a reasonable yet most likely random answer. He looked to Merlin waiting for an answer and Merlin looked straight back at him with a small happy sigh and a smile, "I have no idea."