Wood to Ash

A/N: WOW ! 1000 reads! thankyou so much everybody for reading,commenting and voting, I'm so very honoured and I love you all. Alright, I know you're hanging out for this chapter so without further ado...

“LEAVE US NOW AND YOU WILL BE SPARED, IF YOU DO NOT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS!” Merlin cried out quickly followed by a deep rumbling of laughter coming from all directions.

 “Arthur, please look away.” Merlin whispered to Arthur unsure of how this would turn out but certain that it would end badly.  A large man, much taller than Arthur stepped forward from the group. “You are but a mere servant with a sick master, have fun watching us tear your master limb from limb.” He grinned viciously.

“And that’s where your biggest mistake lies, you should never harm a servant’s master and you should never underestimate someone. This is your last chance leave now or suffer the consequences.”

“READY!’ Called their leader, ignoring the young warlock in front of him. The men around them assembled in a line and raised their arrows from where they stood. “AIM!” Arthur had no idea what to do, he was unsure of Merlin’s power, could Merlin stop them? “FIRE!” He braced himself for the impact as he heard the release of strings.

Nothing came. Everything was dead silent. Arthur looked up to the Saxons, the stunned looks on their faces, they were all looking at Merlin.

Merlin had his hand held high in the air and the arrows had stopped and stilled in mid air forming a wall. ‘Merlin has a chance to turn the arrows and kill them all, why doesn’t he take it?’ Arthur thought but then Merlin did something that only the most pure hearted people would do. He gave them a second chance.

With a flick of his wrist the arrows turned to ash and crumpled to the ground. The Saxons stood stunned, some were about to bow and beg for mercy but Merlin stopped them and said, “It’s sickening watching you all bow down to the most powerful. Your priestess is dead and the battle has been won. I do not want your fake loyalty, nor do I want to take over any kingdoms. My only wish is for you to go, flee now and live the lives you should, with a house and a family.  I have given you a new opportunity, use it well, now go and never bother the kingdom of Camelot again or I will not be so kind.”

The Saxons stood stunned, none were ready for such a merciful change of events. They snapped out of their trance and scampered off into the woods. Merlin looked down to Arthur who looked to him in awe, “You know, had it not been for the whole 'I'm a servant' thing you grew up as, you would've made a great king.”  Arthur whispered.

 “Yeah but there’s someone else in that position already and I wouldn’t want to commit treason.”  This earned a small laugh from Arthur. A small crack of a branch sounded from behind a tree, Merlin’s face grew dead serious. “Who goes there?” He asked. A small child stepped out from behind the tree. The boy had hazel brown eyes and dark brown hair that almost covered his eyes. He wore a light blue cloak that covered a dark green tunic. “Are you Emrys?” the small boy asked as he looked to Merlin shyly  but certain.

“Yes, yes I am.” Merlin replied, a smile now on his face, the boy came closer to Merlin and tugged on his shirt, “Follow me.” He said and began to walk the way he had come. As the boy lead the two along Merlin noticed triangular spiral on his neck, he was from the druid camp.