Chapter 3/ Complete and Utter Clot Pole

Arthur, still very weak and utterly oblivious to what just happened, pulled out of the tight embrace and looked up to Merlin with sad but determined eyes, thinking that he still would die. Merlin saw the sad look in his eyes and retaliated with a curious look “Merlin I know this is hard for you but you have to let me go, you tried and that’s the main thing.” Arthur began, Merlin shot a very confused glance at Arthur, “Wait. What? Arthur you do realise you’re not going to-“

“Let me finish!” Arthur groaned and held a hand out to Merlin to silence him, he did not realise Merlin’s smirk that was continuously growing larger as he continued. “Everything you’ve done, I know now was for me. For Camelot. For the kingdom you helped me build.” Arthur stated as tears began to roll down his cheeks, “I want to say to you, something I’ve never said to you before. Thankyou” he sighed once he had finished, looking up to Merlin.

Merlin couldn’t help himself, this was all too good. He bent back roaring with laughter, tears began to fall from his eyes. Arthur looked at him with great confusion “M-merlin?” he asked, now worried. Merlin straightened his face and looked in to Arthur’s eyes that were littered with confusion, he cracked up, once again doubling over with laughter.  “Arthur you complete and utter clot pole” he began, a very big smile now planted face that was still red from laughing so hard, “though those would be some great last words I don’t think you will be needing those types of speeches for a long while yet... You’re not going to die.” Merlin grinned as a wave of realisation fell upon Arthur’s face, who was just starting to realise how much of a fool he had just made himself look like. “Shit.” was all Arthur said.

“still that was very touching” Merlin giggled.

A smile appeared on Arthur’s face, he wanted to get up but he still felt in so much pain just as he did before. A wave of tiredness washed over him and before he could stop himself Arthur blacked out.

Merlin smiled down at his very weak, tired and now unconscious friend, well… a bit more of a friend, who lay in his lap. Merlin’s right arm was wrapped around Arthur’s back and he slid his left arm under Arthur’s knees, picking him up off the ground. With a little help from magic of course. There was no way Merlin could’ve carried the King, who had had one too many slices of cake for dessert on feast nights, all on his own. Merlin carried the peacefully sleeping man down to an old wooden boat that sat on the sand patiently waiting for a passenger. He gently placed Arthur in one side of the boat then pushed the boat onto the water, once far enough he got in himself. He said a word under his breath and the boat began to move across the lake. As the boat slowly drifted Merlin gazed at Arthur’s face, though it was very dirty and covered in blood that was both new and old, he was still the most beautiful man Merlin had ever seen.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you like the chapter. Thankyou for all reads so far and any feedback is  welcome and much appreciated. Will try to update again soon. Thankyou once again BYEEE