The Final Search

~Camelot knights~

The sun was on its rise, as Sir Leon looked out into the forestry, clipping his metal cuffs onto his forearm. This was their last search before the king was officially and forever known as dead. They hadn't heard anything from Merlin either, by now they had all been told about his magic and how he saved the battle, he was a hero in Camelot. Magic was soon going to be allowed once again. The Queen, even in her misery, was beginning to unite the lands of Albion, had begun the mission to let good magic be free. Merlin and Arthur's prominent death had paved the way. Leon turned to his awaiting knights instructing groups on where to go. Many were told to search by rivers, lakes, swaps and cliffs sides as if looking for a deceased rather than a living one. Only two small groups searched among the seemingly endless forest, since the end of the battle the forest had become quiet. With Morgana dead, the survivors had scattered to fend for themselves far from the kingdom. It had become much safer to simply roam about in the woods.

Leon had made sure to take Percival with him, he had not been able to talk with him since the battle properly and they were the only ones left from Arthur's close group. They had lost so much, especially Percival. Leon made great efforts to keep up with Percival's trek on horseback through the many trees, he was on an enduring mission, one that Leon knew he would continue even if the search was through. They continued for many hours in silence before Leon spoke, "Percival I know you are determined but please, slow down at least for the horses' sake."

Percival's horse had steadied as if in reaction to Leon's voice waiting for anyone to tell him to slow. Percival kept his head down looking to the reins on his horse, "Do you not believe that the king is still alive, are you like the others who just want to go back and live their cosy little life while the queen lives on without half of her heart?" Percival spat in a low tone.

"Something tells me this barely has anything to do with what the queen feels." Leon replied as he looked down to see Percival tighten his fists on the reins. "If the king is still alive then would he not have sent message back to Camelot if he wanted to be found, if Merlin was with him he would've sent word by magic even. The queen has mourned and moved on, now only thinking of her soon to be child. I too have lost people Perci. They were my friends too."

Leon looked at him sorrowfully as Percival finally looked up and met his eye and his face softened instead looking to Leon pleadingly. "One more day." Percival whispered under his breath, looking at Leon with pleading eyes. "One more day then I'll stop, I just need- want for them to be okay, whether or not they return to the kingdom." Percival said softly.

Leon moved his horse up beside him and put a hand on his shoulder to reassure. "As do I. One more day." Leon said removing arm and instead holding it out to Percival, "So one more day we shall search, together." Percival upon hearing this took Leon's arm and gripped it briefly, nodding his head before they both took up their reins and walked on again.

Walking onwards to a cliff they noticed a patchy areas of smoke rising up from the trees. They looked at one another with hopeful eyes and kicked at the sides of the horses riding around the cliff, determined to reach it and search the area before the late morning passed.

~

A/N: Hey guys, so sorry I've kept you all waiting. I'll try to keep up better and post more. Thankyou for continuing to read, I'll have the next chapter up asap. As always I apologise for any mistakes. Please comment what you think so far, I always appreciate your involvement. If you haven't already please go check out my one-shot 'Cold Waters' too and let me know what you think. Thankyou once again, till next time.