Chapter 7/ Communication

Tears came streaming down Merlin's face as he thought about every moment he had spent with Kilgharrah, one of his closest friends that he so greatly trusted and relied upon. On some days in which he got out of his duties he would go into a large field far from the castle and talk with the great dragon about everything that came to either of their minds. This didn't happen until much later on after he met the dragon, at first Merlin would just ask him for knowledge on what to do with his latest problem and occasional favours here and there but this soon lead to a friendship. Their friendship was weak at first but it slowly grew as they began to trust one another more and more, Kilgharrah would tell him of old times when magic filled the lands and when dragons roamed freely around the kingdoms. Kilgharrah was someone Merlin could trust with the knowledge of his magic, aside from Gaius of course, and Merlin was someone Kilgharrah could trust with his life.

Merlin sat hugging his knees, his sleeves were soaked in tears. He sobbing slowed to a soft whimper as he gazed at the fire and welcomed sleep.

 'MERLIN...' A calm deep voice called. One Merlin knew all too well. 'MERLIN...' the voice called again.  Merlin shivered, 'no it couldn't be, this was a nightmare just a nightmare', Merlin assured himself and ignored the sound. A deep laugh went through his mind 'YOU CAN'T IGNORE ME YOUNG WARLOCK, I'M NOT JUST PART ON YOUR IMAGINATION.'

Merlin couldn't ignore this anymore, 'Kilgharrah. Is that really you? It can't be you're... you're... I saw you die.'

'YOUNG WARLOCK, JUST BECAUSE IM DEAD IN YOUR REALM IT DOES NOT MEAN IM GONE FROM ALL, NOTHING EVER REALLY DIES.' Kilgharrah comforted him.

Merlin was rendered speechless, so Kilgharrah continued. 'DO NOT MOURN ME MERLIN, I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE. AFTER DEPARTING FROM THIS REALM YOU HAVE OBTAINED MY MAGIC SO YOU HAVE AN EVEN STRONGER CONNECTION WITH DRAGONS, EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE PASSED.'

Though this was in his head, it was not his imagination. Merlin ran up to the dragon and hugged one of his large front legs 'thankyou Kilgharrah' Merlin said as the dragon curled his neck around Merlin.

'GO.' Kilgharrah said 'YOU HAVE A STUBBOURN YOUNG KING WAITING AND A DESTINY TO CONTINUE.'

"Merlin!" called Arthur's worried voice in the distance. Merlin looked at Kilgharrah and they both laughed together at the sound of young king. Kilgharrah began to fade as Merlin awoke. He jolted awake, gasping. He wiped his face with his neckerchief which was completely soaked tears and sweat. He shook his head a few times then looked towards Arthur. Arthur was staring back at him, eyes wide filled with horror and sorrow at what he'd just seen.

Hey Guys, wow 200 reads thanks all. Sorry this chapter's up a little late,  my laptop was screwing me over. Anyway enjoy!