Venturing Off

A/N: hi guys, I just realised I've stuffed up the chapter titles but it's midnight where I am right now and I cant be stuffed changing them now, sorry. This is a short chapter but I'll probably get the next one up tomorrow, Enjoy!

“Arthur? Arthur wake up it’s time to go.” Merlin shook his tired friend lightly and Arthur stirred. His eyes opened and came to rest on Merlin’s. Merlin unscrewed the cap of a water bag for Arthur to have a drink, Arthur took a sip still letting Merlin hold the bag.

“Will you be alright to walk?” Merlin asked concerned, screwing on the lid then getting the shirt and helping Arthur put it on. Arthur mumbled out a yes in response. “Alright lets go then” Merlin said while lifting Arthur. Arthur stumbled along, putting most of his weight on Merlin and letting him carry him and leading to where they needed to go.

“Merlin, I need to stop.” Arthur panted, they had walked for two hours now and Arthur had begun to drag his feet. “Yeah, sure.” Merlin placed Arthur on a log and wiped down his forehead. Arthur’s panting slowed and Merlin took out the water. Both he and Merlin took a large sip and sat close to each other.  “We can rest here for a bit then” Merlin said, Arthur slouched down onto the ground and rested his head against the log, Merlin remained on the log, watching for danger. Arthur listened to the wind rush by, he was drifting of the sleep until he heard Merlin’s deep and worried voice “Arthur, stand up we need to go, now.”   Before Arthur could respond an arrow shot by and planted itself into the log right beside Arthur’s head, Merlin pulled him up by his arm with strength Arthur had not known he possessed. They ran from their spot, Merlin weaving them through the trees as they ran down to the lake, shouts coming from all directs. Merlin stopped abruptly and Arthur looked up, a group of Saxons had surrounded them from above, they had nowhere to go.