10| Vengeance

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Vengeance

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 10: Vengeance (Tristan's POV)

"You ran out last night in the middle of our conversation, Tristan." 

"You should wait for me to walk through the door before you start, Michael," I replied, pushing the door to his study shut behind me as I walked in and stopped at the chair across from him. 

Shrugging my suit off, I hung it on the back of the chair and then sat down, sighing quietly as I leaned back and spread my legs, resting my hands on my thighs. I watched him for a moment, thinking back to our conversation last night, the same one that ticked me off for the rest of the night. 

After hearing what Michael told me, all I wanted was to unwind with a drink or two at The Veil with Cal and a chess board between us. But then Amara Milano happened. 

My fucking cherry on top. Not just that but the wicked little siren even made me bleed. My gaze shifted to the gauze wrapped around my right hand. 

A true bitch, I tell you. 

"Did you think about my offer?" he asked, bringing my attention back to him. "We'll treat it like business, remember? You do this for me and I'll never bother you again, Tristan." 

I sighed in annoyance, sick and tired of his antics and melodrama. "You can quit the helpless act. If I do this, we both know I'm not doing it for your sake." 

I'm doing it for Mom. 

He placed the same crimson file bound in leather between us and I stared at it, moments from last night replaying in my head. 

"Elijah Milano," he announced, "he's coming after us again." 

I closed the file and pushed it away. "You mean he's coming after you. You want me to get rid of him so you don't have to get your hands bloody," I concluded, "of course you do." With a light scoff, I stood up and pocketed my hands, strolling over to the window that overlooked the neighborhood. 

"Actually, no," he said, catching my attention. 

I spun on my heels and leaned against the wall, folding my arms across my chest, and tipping my head to the side. "No?" 

He shook his head. "I'll take care of Elijah when the day comes. But I need your help. Nothing can tear him down and nobody can get to him as long as Amara stands by his side." 

I stood upright, straightening my neck. 

"I want you to get rid of Amara Milano," he demanded, "she's his biggest strength but also his biggest weakness. Without Amara, Elijah will crumble to the ground. I'll take it from there," he said casually. "Just get rid of the girl." 

That fucking girl... she was the origin of all my problems and she'd lead to me ruins if I didn't do something about it.