54| Marry

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Marry

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 54: Marry (Tristan's POV)

"Come home with me," I mumbled against her lips. Still holding on, I practically refused to let go of her as we stood in the parking lot. 

"Dad's waiting for me at home," she spoke with a grin, placing her hands on my chest and lightly pushing me into the car. 

"He can wait," I replied, pushing her hair over her shoulder, my fingers tracing the slope of her neck until I lightly wrapped my fingers around her throat, pulling her into another kiss. 

Laughing softly, she pulled away. "So can you," she said pointedly. 

"I've waited two weeks," I argued, "you're coming with me." 

"Two weeks is nothing," she replied smugly, "is that how long you can go without me?" 

"Barely," I answered. Kissing the spot below her ear, I whispered, "Come home with me," I paused to trail slow kisses down her neck. "Please," I added. 

She let out a groan and stepped back, putting distance between us. "We're still in a parking lot." 

"And we'll stay here until I convince you, Malyshka." 

Taking a breath, she stared at me, a small smile fighting its way to her lips. "You're so stubborn," she said quietly. 

"Is that a yes?"

She nodded slowly as I stepped back and opened the passenger door for her. "Yes," she laughed, sliding into her seat. Rounding up to my side, I turned on the car and began driving to my apartment. 

Amara called her dad to let him know she wouldn't come home that night. I could faintly hear him through the phone. "Are you finally going home with Tristan?" he asked. 

Her gaze slid to mine, drifting to the smile playing on my lips. She pulled the phone down to her chest. "Keep your eyes on the road," she whispered, her eyes narrowing before she brought the phone back to her ear. "I am," she answered Mr. Milano. "I'll come home tomorrow, so I'll see you then. Bye, Dad." 

Hanging up, she tucked her phone away and turned to me. "Dad told me you were learning Italian," she teased.

"I am," I admitted.

"He also said you came to see me," she said after a beat. 

"I did," I repeated, "I went to your office too." I glanced at her. "But we both know how that ended." 

"I wasn't ready, Tristan," she breathed out, "I was scared." 

"Of what?" 

She hesitated, turning to glance out the window before fidgeting with her hands in her lap. "I thought you would leave me," she mumbled. 

I eyed her for a minute before taking her hand in mine, bringing it to the console. "Amara, I'm not going anywhere," I whispered, leaving a soft kiss on the back of her palm. 

"Now I know," she replied with a soft smile, inching closer to me. Shortly after, I pulled into the parking lot, and we headed upstairs, entering the penthouse. "Hi," she greeted Paris almost immediately, squatting down and giving him a good scratch until she couldn't do it any longer because he walked away. "I thought we were friends now," she sighed, rising back up.