45| Pain

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Pain

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

TW: Violence

Warning: extra long chapter

Chapter 45: Pain (Amara's POV)

As we drove around the neighborhood, approaching a busy street nearby which brought life to the area with its restaurants, cafés, and bars, we realized that we had some time to slow down. We didn't have to rush to grab a bite and it wasn't a race to our witness's house. 

I was extremely worried about the conversation I would have to have today, even more worried that upon seeing me, he would slam the door shut in my face. I wasn't sure if Dad had given him the heads up but with no way to reach him, all I could do was show up at his door unannounced. 

We ate first in a small, outdoor restaurant where Tristan tasted the best pasta of his life for the first time, and then after paying the bill, we slowly made our way back to the car. 

As I reached the passenger side, I slowed down and spun on my heels, leaning back against the door and glancing at the keys in his hand. "Let me drive," I said, reaching for them, only for him to pull them away and out of my reach, up in the air. I clicked my tongue in annoyance, staring at him. "You're not my chauffeur, you know. I can drive too and I can do it pretty damn well." 

Grunting softly, I tugged at his shirt as I reached up on my toes, desperately trying to reach his fingers. "I'm not your chauffeur and you can drive pretty damn well, you're right," he agreed, watching me in amusement as I jumped up. 

His hand came down quick enough as he took my hips in his grasp and pinned me back against the car, his lips brushing against mine. Eating up the distance between us, the sudden proximity caught me off guard and shut me up for good. 

"There's just no way I'm letting you drive, Malyshka," he mumbled with a small smile. 

"Why not?" I asked, forcing myself to keep my breathing steady. 

He let out a soft chuckle. "Because this car is too good for me to pass up." 

Rolling my eyes, I threw my head back once he kissed my cheek and then pulled back, lifting me off to open the door. "Really?" I asked dryly, "you're picking the car?" 

"Never," he replied cheekily as I settled in the passenger seat. 

I shook my head at him in amusement as he rounded up to the driver's seat and started the engine. 

"You'll be my navigator," he announced, "tell me which way to go." 

"Why don't you figure it out on your own since you know the streets of Catania so well?" I teased. "Remember, phones stay off on this trip. So, have fun not getting lost, Mr. Harper." 

"Don't blame me if we do," he retorted. 

I turned to look out the window, not giving him a reply. My silent treatment didn't last very wrong since we approached a T-point and he nearly took the wrong turn. "Left!" I exclaimed, turning to him.