55| Rain

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Rain

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 55: Rain (Amara's POV)

Three months later...

The smell of freshly made breakfast hit me the moment I stepped out of my room that morning. Like most days, Tristan was up before me, and as I tiptoed into the kitchen, I caught a glimpse of the food he was preparing and found him focused on the task at hand. 

"Good morning," I said, announcing my presence as I stopped behind him, sliding my hands around his waist. Pushing up on my toes, I caught a glimpse of his smile before he turned to face me. 

"Good morning," he grinned, pushing my hair over my shoulders before taking my face in his hands. Leaning down, he gave me a kiss. "You're late for work," he said, drawing back. 

"You didn't wake me up," I retorted. 

"I didn't want to," he smirked before turning back to the stove. 

I laughed in amusement and stepped aside. "What are you making?" 

"Italian brunch torte," he breathed out. 

"Third time's the charm," I teased. 

His eyes cut to mine. "I tried once last week. Once." 

"I caught you a few days ago in the middle of the night, practicing," I laughed, nudging his hips with my own. 

"Try it," he mumbled, shifting the food to a plate and cutting off a bite, cooling it down before holding the fork to my mouth. 

I stopped chewing altogether after the first few bites, staring at him. He lifted his brows at me. I nodded frantically, taking the plate out of his hands and cutting out a bite for him. A soft chuckle escaped him as I left a quick kiss on his cheek. 

"You're getting me late for work again," I reminded him as we stood there, eating breakfast. 

"You didn't let me leave the house yesterday at all," he replied pointedly. 

Setting my plate on the counter, I grabbed his shirt and tugged him closer. "I couldn't let you go," I grinned.

Chuckling quietly, he pecked my cheek. Staring down at me, his hands drifted to my waist. "Don't go today," he mumbled, shaking his head lightly. 

I groaned, throwing my head back. "I can't," I sighed, "I have an important meeting." He let out a frustrated breath, dropping his forehead against my shoulder. "It's our client," I reminded him just as I had last night. "What are you so busy doing that you can't make it?" 

It was evident very quickly that keeping our work separate from our relationship would only become increasingly difficult, and over the past three months, we gave it our all to slowly transition into working together regularly. If our clients allowed it, we took on their case as a team. 

The past three months had been the best time of my life. We took it slow at first, steady. At first, things were intimidating, and the thought of everything going south was terrifying, but Tristan made me stronger, and the longer we stayed together, the more powerful our relationship became.