14| Weapon

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Weapon

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 14: Weapon (Tristan's POV)

I was done being a spectator the moment she hit the dance floor with that guy. Opening the door, I made my way downstairs and as people stepped aside to make room, I took a seat at the bar. 

"Whiskey," I ordered, keeping my eyes on her from across the bar as she danced and swayed with him. My jaw ticked as I lifted the glass to my lips and took a sip, feeling the drink burn on its way down my throat. 

Minutes passed and I remained seated. Setting my glass down, I tapped against the edge, a faint clink reaching my ears every time my ring hit the glass. 

Is she trying to die tonight? 

She wasn't talking to him as they danced save for trivial conversations. If she was asking questions about Ambrose, he wouldn't be grinning like a kid in a candy store and that was exactly how he looked at that moment; he looked like the happiest man in the world with the privilege of dancing with Amara Milano. I could hate her and still admit it. 

There was no other woman like her, no other woman so powerful and so fucking lethal. Power and danger dripped from every inch of her, every move she made, every sway of her hips acted like a drop of poison. Amara was like the fucking forbidden fruit. Tempting, so very tempting. But take a bite out of it and it'll kill you. 

So I took bites out of her in other ways. In ways that riled her up. But it was time our games came to an end. I had a job to do. I had to kill her. 

My eyes raked over as I sipped my drink. She had a short, gold-beige dress on that stopped a little short of mid-thigh with gold Swarovski rhinestones lining up every inch of the goddamn dress. Two dainty little straps held the jeweled dress up. From head to toe, little sparkles of gold glitter were dusted over her body and when you looked at the dress, all you could see were the rhinestones, the slip dress beneath it completely concealed by the diamonds. 

I set my empty glass down as they made their way to the exit. With a quick glance at the men sitting behind me who hadn't noticed them leave yet, I rose to my feet and beckoned the waiter over, handing him a bill and then heading out. 

I maintained a safe distance, observing her from afar. There was no way she was here by coincidence and chose this idiot to dance with. I lingered outside the alleyway for a few minutes after they slipped inside but I continued walking closer until they were in earshot. 

"That's all I know," the guy confirmed, letting out a slightly shaky breath. 

"You're good at hiding your fear," she told him. "Go," she demanded. 

I stopped at the car just before the alleyway and leaned against the hood, listening in. It surprised me to see that she was letting him go. 

"Keep your promise," he scoffed in annoyance.

"You want to kiss me that badly, Mr. Jay?" she teased. 

I glanced down the alleyway, making out where they stood.

"You're not bad," she told him, "I guess I'll give you a kiss." 

I pushed off the car to do what, I didn't fucking know, but I stayed in place as the remaining three men from the table marched over, interrupting them. I stayed in place with pure rage coursing through my veins. Rooted in place, I watched everything unfold, including her little stunt with that guy.