2. new life in london

24th september, 2021

Today was the day, the day that Olivia's new life in London begins, she was leaving her old home in Milton Keynes, a place where she had grown up for the past fourteen-years, a place where she had made friends and several memories, along with her ...

Today was the day, the day that Olivia's new life in London begins, she was leaving her old home in Milton Keynes, a place where she had grown up for the past fourteen-years, a place where she had made friends and several memories, along with her family who she was close with, especially her Grandma.

This was a decision that she didn't have much choice in though and the teenager felt annoyed how her mum was so willing to just let her go, give up on her like how her dad did-- he'd done that, and now her mum was doing the exact same thing.

"Alright kid, your stuff is all packed up in the car," Jacob spoke aloud, climbing the stairs to head into her little sister's now empty bedroom to go and find out what was taking her so long. "Ready to go? Mum's already waiting for you downstairs." he added.

Jacob wasn't going to be able to join them on the trip down to London, he had stuff to do so it would just be the mother and daughter duo, so Olivia was confident that it was going to be awfully long car journey.

"Yep, ready as I'll ever be I guess," Olivia mumbled, turning to look at her older brother as he stood there with his hands shoved in his pockets. "My room looks pretty bare now without anything in it." she noted, taking one final look around her bedroom.

The bedroom held a lot of memories for the younger girl, it was a place where she has laughed and cried, it sounded daft because it was just a bedroom but this room was the only bedroom she'd known to love, a quiet space for herself and now without everything in it, the room looked empty.

"It'll be quiet without you here, you know?" Jacob joked, resting his hand on his sisters' shoulder having that sort of advantage of height, compared to her two older siblings, Olivia was smaller than them both but in her defence, she was still growing or so she told them at least. "Right, come on then, I'll come and wave you off." he told her.

Olivia knew she should be happy to be moving in with her sister, after all she idolised the older women but regardless, she still felt sad about this.

"Let's go," The teenager mumbled in agreement, slowly wandering towards the bedroom door, another single look around the bleak-looking room, other than the posters still pinned up on the wall, without the random little bits dotted around it, it looked empty just like she felt inside right now.

The two siblings walked down the stairs, admittedly Olivia did walk down a bit more slower to try and avoid the inevitable but she knew she couldn't afford it for ever.

"Ready to go?" Amanda glanced at her two kids, looking mainly towards for her youngest daughter.

"Yep, guess so," Olivia mumbled, walking past her mum and bending down to give some fuss to her dog, Bella. "Bye, girl. I'll miss you." she told her quietly.

Bella, of course, didn't really understand what was going on and darted towards the door to follow after her, wanting to join the teenager with wherever she was going.