3. opportunities

25th september, 2021

"Liv, it's time to wake up," Leah gently shook her younger sister, kneeling down at the side of her sister's bed as she waited for the teenager to wake up

"Liv, it's time to wake up," Leah gently shook her younger sister, kneeling down at the side of her sister's bed as she waited for the teenager to wake up. "Liv, wakey wakey." she said in a sing-song tone of voice.

The teenage girl stirred slightly, opening one of her eyes as she continued to keep her face mostly buried in her pillow, "Why? It's too early!" she whined dramatically.

Leah laughed, shaking her head amused as she pulled her phone out of her back pocket, "It's just gone 8 o'clock kid, I have training in an hour so you've got to get up and get ready now." she told her.

"Mhm, no. I'm still tired," Olivia mumbled, shutting her eyes and blocking out her sister as she attempted to fall back to sleep.

"I forgot how difficult it was to wake you sometimes kid," Leah muttered, exhaling a sigh as she attempted to tug at the duvet wrapped around her sister. "Come on Liv, you've gotta get up. Please don't make this harder than it has to be." she added.

"Why do you have to train so early?" Olivia whined, refusing to move out of her bed as much as her sister wanted her too. "You go to training, I'll just stay here in bed. I'll be fine." she mumbled.

"Alright, you know what, stay here if you want but then you won't be able to see the girls. I'm sure they'll miss you," Leah couldn't help but laugh and hold her hands up in mock-surrender. "But sure, you be my guest and stay at home in bed then." she added.

"Wait, no, no, no. I'm getting up!" Olivia bolted up from her bed as quick as she heard that mention, practically throwing her duvet on the floor as she jumped out of her bed. "I'll get ready now. I'm coming!" she exclaimed.

Leah couldn't smirk in victory, "I thought that you would get you out of bed. Guess I should have just told you that from the start." she joked.

"I'd have probably got up a lot sooner," Olivia said in agreement, walking over to the chest of drawers and pulled out some of her clothes to wear today.

"Well at least I'll remember it for the next time I have this difficulty," Leah noted, laughing slightly and shaking her head. "Come downstairs when you're ready kid, we'll eat breakfast at the training centre." she explained.

"Probably tomorrow," Olivia grinned cheekily at her older sister, pulling out a pair of cream joggers.

Leah laughed and shook her head, exiting her sister's bedroom to let the teenager to get changed.

Going for the comfortable option of a plain white t-shirt, a Nike hoodie and some cream joggers to go along with her Nike Dunks that she was going to wear, she quickly got ready and styled her hair in just a simple high ponytail with miniimal makeup, she wasn't much a fan of makeup compared to the rest of her friends back in Milton Keynes.