29. rekindling a relationship

30th october, 2021

"Hey, bug. Time to-- " Leah peers into her sisters' bedroom to find her suprinsingly awake, sitting in bed while she scrolls through her phone, "Oh you're awake" she states in shock.

"Well yeah if I weren't then I wouldn't be sat here doing this, would I?" Olivia sarcastically replies as she barely glances up from her phone.

Leah furrows her eyebrow and purses her lips, "Okay it's definitely too early for your usual teenage snarky attitude, so you want to get up so you can eat some breakfast?" she questions as she moves to draw the curtains to let the light in the room.

"That's too bright" Olivia squints her eyes shut at the brightness let into her bedroom, "And I'm not hungry yet. I'll get something later instead" she tells her.

"I'd prefer it if you try and eat something now, how about I go and make us both some wheetabix?" The older blonde offers, not giving the teenager much room to object as she tugs the duvet off her.

Not leaving Olivia with much choice but to get up now she's lost the warmth, the girls huffs and tosses her phone aside, "Well, not like I have much choice even if I don't want to eat, do I?" she remarks, getting up from her bed and throwing one of her various oversized hoodies on.

"Nope, come on. We're gonna have a great day!" Leah cheerfully responds, ruffling her sisters' hair to purposely wind her up.

Neither the two sisters' wanted to talk about the elephant in the room, the topic of conversation had been carefully skirted around ever since they got back from the England camp, the older blonde wasn't really sure how to approach things other than try and keep more of an eye out for the teenagers' old habits.

Olivia on the other hand still thought her sister was being more protective than normal and it has slowly been getting her more irritated at how much her sister has been checking on her, weary to let her go anywhere alone to the point where she had snapped at her the previous night.

Hence why the teenager felt in such a bad mood this morning and wasn't in any type of rush to get out of bed to deal with her older sisters' fussing all over again.