23. champions league night, baby! pt. 2

14th october, 2021

•

The advantage of the first goal only seemed to wonders to give the Gunner's the confidence to sought out and secure another goal before the end of the whistle for half time was blown.

"Almost half time now," Ben noted as he glanced at the time on his phone.

"Shall there be another goal, I wonder?" Jacob asked, chuckling to himself.

Holly leaned forward slightly to look in the direction of her brother and cousin, "Reckon they'll be any extra time added on?" she asked.

"Maybe," Ben responded as he shrugged his shoulders just as the board went up to signal the 2 extra minutes. "Oh, spoke to soon," he added.

Jacob hummed in agreement, "2 minutes, seems plenty of time to score another one," he joked with his cousins.

"And then I'm off to grab a hot chocolate to warm myself up," Holly declared as she pulled her coat to wrap around her more.

"Grow up," Olivia said, grinning cheekily at the older woman.

Holly scoffed in mock offence, "Oh? Says' the literal kid herself," she said as she rolled her eyes.

No longer than they'd spoken about it, the ball was chased down the pitch as it was intercepted by Tobin to kick it into the net, the ball was nearly missed out until Viv had the opporunity to head it into the back of the net with ease.

"Get in!" Olivia exclaimed loudly as she watched the ball fly into the net.

"Did you like that one, my girl?" Bernie smiled, looking at her granddaughter.

"Course, we're 2 nil up now!" Olivia insisted with a wide grin on her face as the older woman couldn't help but smile amusedly, her granddaughters' passsion for the game really was something else sometimes.

"What was it you were saying about the second goal, eh, J?" Holly looked at her cousin and smirked slightly.

"That was good," Jacob replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"The Arsenal goal scorer, number 77, Tobin Heath!" The announcement was made as the crowd continued to chant and cheer aloud for the American footballer.

Much to the delight of the Arsenal fans, not too long after the whistle was blown for the end of the first half, the current score still standing at 2 nil to Arsenal.

•