Through the window

Still in shock from what he witnessed he runs around the side of the house to a window. The house is old and it takes a while to find the window where he can see Travis. Through the window he sees Travis' father pull out a blade, Sal's eyes widen. Travis is cornered and crying while trying to cover his face. Though what Sal hears is foggy through the glass window he can hear his father screaming;

"You worthless piece of shit. After everything I do for you, after all that I provide!? THIS? THIS IS WHAT YOU DO?" His father slams down a piece of paper on the table.

Sal see's Travis' eyes dull.

"You.... fucking sinner. A boy? At school?! You know better than to be a "gay!"

So he isn't mad about the umbrella? Sal thinks: "Wait, is that the note from the bathroom? Travis wrote that? How did he get it? I thought I pocketed it... I knew something was going on but I didn't think it was this bad." Sal feels his pockets for the note, to his surprise, the notes in his pocket. What is his father holding then?

Sal was taken out of deep thought when he heard a scream. He looks back into the window and sees Kenneth cutting the skin on Travis' stomach. "What the fuck!?" Sal thinks. Travis is grabbing the carpeted floor, sobbing loudly, as it soaks up the blood spilling from within him. All Sal can do is watch, horrified.

His father must have been beating him for a good 45 minutes before he eventually stated:

"That should teach you a lesson about sinning like that, you piece of crap. Go to your room."

Sal stands for a moment, watching Travis disappear behind the old wooden walls, presumably up the stairs to his room. Sal decides to race around the house hoping that his room would have a window. When he reached a nearly empty back of the house, there is no windows where he can reach. He looks up and see's a glass pane. Panicked he looks for a ladder of some sort to get up there and see if it's the room he thinks it is.
Behind him there is a large red wood tree. It takes him a while, considering Sal isn't in shape.
When Sal eventually did get up to the window he saw Travis stumbling in, shirtless, bruised, and bloodied. In this room there was only a large cross painted on the wall in red, and a mattress. Travis collapsed on to the bare mattress shaking.