What?

THIRD PERSON:
After school, Larry sits across from Sal in his basement bedroom, Sal is telling Larry more about Travis. Larry can clearly tell that there is some feelings in here. Sallyface cannot.

SALLYFACE POV:
"So he was all over your face is what i'm hearing" Larry says.
"When you say it like that it sounds weird, besides he's straight" I respond before pausing. Is he? I honestly don't know.
"Just saying this all sounds kinda gay, he gracefully touched your face does that not say something?" Larry blurts.
"He was just curious im sure, and it's not like we made out or anything." I said with confidence.
"Hey maybe next time, and there is no way he's straight. Have you seen his shorts?" Larry laughs as my face turns red.
It's not like that, I mean I like guys but I don't like, love Travis.. Right? What happened in the hallway was probably in the moment. That would be weird with his religious background anyways. He definitely isn't ugly I can say that, he has a REALLY nice face and stuff. I just want to help him I can't make it weird or make him uncomfortable if it turns out I do like him.
"Dude, it's so obvious you like him. It's okay that you do,but don't lie to ME" Larry says making me laugh.
"Even if I do, I want to help him not make it weird." I reply.
"I am almost 100% sure he is like madly in love with you." Larry announced.
"He did hold my hand and wink at me earlier today.." I say, almost a whisper.
"WHAT"

TRAVIS POV:
I arrive home to my father standing in the doorway, he smells of alcohol and cigarettes. He ushers me inside and I set my backpack down.
"What's this I hear of you talking to this blue haired fag?" Kenneth states.
How could he know about Sal? I think to myself before coming to the realization anyone could've seen us in the hallway today. My stomach feels sick as I look up at my father.
"What are you talking about? I would never." I respond meeting his eyes.
He can tell that I lied, I can see it in his face. Shit.
"Then your history teacher just lied to my face then?" He says his teeth clenched.
She's a loyal member of the church, of course she would say something. Out of any of my teachers that could've seen us. I take a deep breath trying to come up with a story that would be believable.
"Oh, but Father. It was supposed to be a surprise. I am convincing this confused man to join our church and face our lord." I claim as my fathers face softens from the alcohol.
He starts to unbuckle his belt to beat me. Fear strikes me in the chest as he holds the accessory so the belt buckle is what he's going to hit me with.
I can't move i'm so scared. I feel the buckle crash into my arm, sending sharp pain up and down everywhere. I feel tears in my eyes as the pain feels hotter and he strikes me again. This time he aims for my head, I duck just in time, getting my senses back still clutching my arm.
"You dare to dodge you dirty little sinner!?" He shouts at me.
"No! No! Please!" I cry backed against the basement door.
He hits me again with his belt, hitting my knee, blood bursting out of the wound, fast. I sob as I fall to the floor clutching my both injuries as best I can, blood now falling from my arm. Red falling between my fingers and running down my calf, my father opens the door behind me. Revealing the stone concrete stairs, he winds up again before deciding to just push me. He places his foot in the middle of my chest as I scream, begging him. He gives me a good shove and I go tumbling down the stairs, hitting every sharp edge and corner. Leaving a trail of blood I land on the last stair, headfirst. Everything starts to go black, colors look strange as blood runs down my face and into my mouth.

I wake up hours later in shackles just high enough where I can't sit comfortably, my head hurts like hell. My vision is almost entirely blocked by blood in my eyes. My shirt is gone and new wounds have sprouted on my chest. The word "SINNER", carved deep with a pool of blood at my knees.