The Tenth Message

Penultimate chapter

Preview of the previous chapter

Jeff: So! He is alive?! Tell me please.

Continuation

The policeman stops looking at Jeff and Barcode grabs the phone with one hand and the other starts to give Barcode first aid, calls the emergency room while he analyzes Barcode's situation, taking off his torn shirt, cleaning it, staking the blood so it doesn't go out too much blood from the area where the bullet pierced.

: urgency, downed citizen, we urgently need you to come... I'll send you the coordinates to get here.... he's alive, with no motor response, with little circulation, come quickly.... I just did the first aid but no it's enough, the blood continues to come out....with weak pulse... ok .... ( The policeman hangs up the phone and looks at Jeff )... He's alive, I just gave him first aid.... but he needs to go urgently to the hospital or he will die...

Jeff desperate and also scared even not showing the fear of losing Barcode much on his face.

Jeff: so what are we waiting for let's take him right away...

: Let's wait for the ambulance, they won't take long to get here... our car doesn't cover the care we should give him... he could die on the way...

Vincent disfigured in the face and lying on the floor all bloodied looking at Jeff, teasing and wanting to mentally destroy Jeff.

Vincent: He's going to die...( Jeff looks sideways at Vincent ).... And you're going to be the one to blame for his death.... Once again you are proving your consequences.... once again you are being incapable of saving someone.... You are weak and a disgrace... My brother and Barcode were just another victim of your lack of capacity to love someone truly... An insecure, fake person like you didn't deserve to have my brother and N'Barcode.

Jeff didn't say anything, he just looked at him with a sad look a little angry at Vincent, but he answered Vincent anyway.

Jeff: I really loved your brother... My love for him wasn't insecure.... from the moment he died I always loved him, not like before but I always loved him... Your brother was everything for me and I don't regret everything I went through with him, I just regret not having loved him as he deserved to be loved... I apologize to you for being his older brother... I know you won't forgive me ... I hope that one day you forgive me... ( Jeff gives a look of pure hatred )... but if Barcode dies, I'm the one who won't forgive you.

Ten minutes later, the ambulance came to get Barcode.

Barcode was taken urgently to the hospital, Jeff went inside the ambulance holding one of Barcode hands looking at what the two nurses were doing on him, seeing that the injury is serious, the nurses don't look good right now they are fight to keep Barcode alive inside the ambulance.