3

I went inside my house and was greeted by my mom, who was very curious why I came earlier and whose jacket I was wearing. I told her everything about what happened at the party and then went to my room. I sat on my bed thinking about the sudden confession I just got and that too from the person I least expected from. Ahhhhhh.......... I just can't stop thinking about it and how I should tell him. I mean, I obviously like Ryan so there's no way I am even thinking about being with him even if he is really handsome and caring. I just will go to sleep and face it tomorrow morning.

Next day, I got up late as usual, partly because of over-thinking and partly because of dramas. I got up and wore just anything, went downstairs to eat something but there was just some money and a sticky note with a message.

"Hi baby! There was an emergency at the hospital so I have to go early. So please get something from the bakery close by. I left some money."

I took the money and bought some blueberry muffins on the way. I bought some for Lia too and the moment I gave them to her she hugged me really tight to thank me.

Then I made my way to my first class and how fortunate it was that it was Ethan. He came in the class even before anyone I guess because I was the second person to enter. I decided to ask him about yesterday.

I went to where he was sitting and I poked his shoulder with my finger. He looked up and removed his earphones before looking at me.

"Hi...well about yesterday I think we should talk about it. Ethan you are good really but..."

"Don't ....it was just a dare, don't sweat it" he said and got up leaving the hall. I looked confusedly around for a while and sat down on my seat, trying to catch some sleep before the lecturer came in. it was already tough that they called us in on the weekend.

The class went by okay, just some basic introductions. Ethan did return but a lot later. I was feeling stupid the moment he entered. I was feeling embarrassed for reading too much into the lines. So I decided that to ease the tension I will ask him for a coffee.

But he clearly ignored my advances in the corridor. So I just had to stand outside Lia's class for a while to go and get coffee with her.

Since it was only Saturday and also the first day at that. I had only two classes, one in the morning and in the afternoon. So I decided to sit in the library and write something in my journal. I saw Ethan there as well. Was there any chance he was following to tease me. I went inside and he did notice me but he ignored me and kept working on his laptop. What was this guy's deal? I sat down and started things in my journal and made cute spreads.

Everything was perfect other than the fact I saw Ethan looking my way more than at least 10 times. It was really awkward because he would look away everytime I looked his way and acted like he did not even know me. He continued doing this until his friend who looked like a total gangster came and they started talking and after a while he just left. Also another thing I noticed was that Ethan had a lot of friends, as when he left the room all eyes were on him. After he left I did work for sometime more and left to get more coffee. Coffee is one thing I cannot live without so it's like I need it every 3 hours. Although I know it is too much, I am trying to reduce it. But it is not working.

After getting coffee and wasting time in that café while chatting with lia. We both decided to get lunch. I really sometimes wonder how Lia stays healthy but I never really ask her because last time I did she started lecturing me about how diet is strange and she likes this and that. She couldn't complete this and that part because of some interruptions. We entered the cafeteria and stood in the line.

There again I saw Ethan standing in the line with his friends, they were laughing at something. I noticed that this may be the first time I saw him laugh. And why was I noticing him so much? Was it because of the confession? I think he noticed me too because our eyes locked and he again ignored me. What was he doing because according to me after yesterday I expected to at least wave at each other but I guess no.

Then we took our lunch and went to sit somewhere, where Lia spotted Ryan and called him to sit with us. I got all flustered when Ryan came and sat next to me. He even gave me the cookie on his tray. I smiled at him and then he started talking to Lia about something. I can't talk whenever ryan is near so it's that he talks to lia. I listen to them for some while and then I zone out and notice the surroundings.

After some time, Ethan came and sat right in front of him and like this morning ignored me but he gave Ryan a strange look. I think Ryan saw him but since he ignored it I did too. I kept eating while listening to lia talk about something while all my attention was on ethan strangely. He was laughing and talking to his friend about something. I noticed that he had dimples too and his eyes disappeared whenever he smiled. Abruptly Ethan got up and left, so did Ryan after a while saying he wanted water. I looked at Lia and she smiled at me giving me a strange look.

"What?" I asked her

"Do you like him" lia replied

"NO...not at all" I answered quickly

"I didn't say who iris" she smiled "are you gonna tell me or should I find myself about who the guy is"

"how did you even" I was confused, why would she think I like someone.

"I mean...you looked very out of it...I just assumed and you gave it away. So who is he? "

"well...." I was about to answer her when suddenly people started shouting. I looked at the source of disturbance. It was Ethan who looked furious and he had Ryan by his collar who looked like he was having fun.

I walked towards them and told Ethan to stop. Honestly if you think that what was this bitch thinking of stopping them, making someone else's business her own. So I thought so too but after I had already stopped ethan.

Ethan dropped his hand which was there to punch ryan. He was now looking in my eyes for the first time today. He had this unreadable look in his eyes. But he left Ryan and looked down, then left. I feel somewhat weird.

But I guess Ryan did not because he just scoffed and went back to eating as if nothing happened.

Author's note 

As a apology for late upload