7

'Sorry for yelling at you the other day'

There was a note on the lid of the waffle box. It was weirdly cute. I looked at Ethan who was already ready to put in his earphones in. ignoring him I started eating my waffles but I wanted to ask him something so pull one side of his earphones.

"Why did you get me this" I asked referring to the waffles.

"oh...I saw you just get back into the bus without getting anything so I thought to get this for you" he replied.

"You are forgiven" I told him

He smiled and chuckled. I smiled back at him. He offered me one of his earphones and gladly accepted. I also offered him some of my waffles. Then after a while he again slept but this time his head was on my shoulder. It accidently fell on my shoulders so I just let it stay there for a while.

I looked outside the window again all the thoughts again consuming me. All the thoughts about Ethan and Ryan. Do I really like Ryan? Do I even want to date him or I just enjoy the part of falling in love? What do I do about this cute person sleeping very peacefully on my shoulder? What if he starts liking during doing this thing Ryan has been pulling or was I just getting ahead of myself? What if this game ends up influencing my feelings about Ethan? What if I end up hurting him or what if I get hurt me after unknowingly falling for Ethan and not having him reciprocate it? What if I am the one who doesn't reciprocate the feelings?

Thing with this feelings is that they are only good until they are superficial when you come to things like face to face they are scary and hurtful. You are either bound to get hurt or hurt someone or both.

I have one thing that I realized that I don't want to hurt Ethan. I have to tell Ryan that no matter what happens then. If I want to actually date him I should this without hurting Ethan in the process.

Then I close my eyes and let the sleep take over me to stop such thoughts coming to me.

After I don't know how long the bus again came to a stop. There was hustle bustle everywhere as everyone was descending the bus I looked to my side and Ethan wasn't there. I got up and first went to the washroom. There I washed my face and reapplied my sunscreen. Two girls came inside giving me sour looks. I was confused but decide to ignore them.

I went out and inside the lunch hall. We were having lunch in a hall so there was not much crowd here. I took my plate and scanned the room to find somewhere to sit. I found Ethan sitting on a table eating all alone so I made my way to him and sat down with him. He smiled at me and continued eating. He seemed to be the type who doesn't like talking while eating.

I opened and checked my messages, there were quite a few so I started replying to them. I started by telling my parents my location on the family group. Then I replied to Ryan's good morning message. I haven't seen him since the morning. Then there was a message from Lia that really caught my attention.

LIA: GIRLLLLL!!!!!

LIA: THAT WAS SOME MAJOR PROGRESS

LIA: I FEEL LIKE A PROUD MOM

ME: what are you talking about *awkward smiling emoji*

LIA: check the college community page

I opened the college community page just like Lia had instructed and the moment I did my eyes came out of their sockets. There was a picture of me sleeping on Ethan's shoulder while he was reading the book I bought. Everyone was commenting on the post. Good and bad there were all sorts of comments. I noticed to see that everyone was looking at me and whispering among themselves. I got up almost immediately and left the space. I went back in the bus and sat down with my earphones in and acted like I was sleeping. I did feel Ethan came back but I decided not to react and acted like I was asleep for the rest of the ride.

Later that I was tucked in my room which has only me right now because Lia was not here. Then there was a knock on my door. I opened it, it was Ryan. He smiled and said, "Bothered by the post?" I nodded in response.

"Come downstairs we are going to the flee market, it will fun" Ryan told me. I asked for a minute and gathered my jacket and some cash before coming down with Ryan. Everything seemed very normal maybe the rumor had already died.

"Everyone see your team and then you can leave. Just remember to return before 11" the teacher announced. A loud cheer was heard.

"You and me are in the same team let's wait for the other three members for our team" Ryan said. I nodded. Soon everyone started departing and there was only me and Ryan were left.

"Wait here I will go and talk to the teacher about what is happening" Ryan said.

Ryan then left to go and talk to the teacher. After a while he came back with a very uninterested Ethan.

"He is in our team along with Lia and some other guy" Ryan told me when he reached me.

"Jacob" Ethan said still looking as if he was being forced to even stay here.

"Let's go we are behind" I stated and then we three also left the hotel.