20

Next morning when I woke up I had made up my mind I am going to move on with Ethan. So I behaved like I was doing before all of this had unfolded. What if it was something like Ryan? What if I would enjoy our relationship better as friends? So I did what I could.

I went there daily. I worked hard with everyone. I made jokes with ethan when there was a opportunity. It was alright. After some days I even forgot about the whole thing I was just acting like I wanted to. Enjoying my time, working hard and later at night sleeping.

But when I was alone I would feel lonely, really lonely. As if I had something missing.

Finally it was the second last day; I had again gone to the work. I was having fun when ethan called me, "Can you come with me to the garage so that I could get some paints from there."

I nodded

Ethan and I went to the warehouse. Now that think about it, this warehouse is first place I met Ethan or maybe it was that alley.

I was looking for the paint we need, when we heard some noise. It was coming from outside the warehouse so Ethan went to check.

"It is locked" Ethan said as if it was the most normal thing.

"WHAT" I yelled.

"It's locked. I will call someone" Ethan said and reached for his phone. I took my phone out of my jean pocket and tried calling Lia.

It was not working. Nothing was working. I was getting scared.

"Ethan, i..... is someone picking up" I asked him.

"Nope I tried Jacob, he is out of town and Rachel is not picking up" he said still trying his phone.

"Obviously"

"What"

"Nothing" I scoffed.

"Iris I was planning to ignore it" he sighed. "What is your problem with Rachel?"

My mouth was left open. He was defending Rachel. I was feeling so hurt. All my feelings for the past few days were rushing to me at this moment. I felt like crying and I controlled it. I don't want to cry in front of ethan. Not anymore.

"let's drop it" I said trying to avoid the topic to avoid screaming or crying.

"No really. You know that you make her really uncomfortable"

"yeah sure" I yelled not caring anymore, it was really my breaking point, "that is all you could notice that how uncomfortable she has been"

"What do you mean by that"

"I have been seeing this and I have enough but I would really like if you could at least be a friend right now and not talk about your girlfriend right now"

"My girlfriend?"

"yeah, Rachel. I get it you like her very much. So much that you could not even notice how weird I feel when you totally ignore my existence but lighten up the moment she comes"

"What is wrong with you iris"

"Yeah what is wrong with me. I don't know. Don't talk to me"

"Why is that when things start to get to you, you just have to shut them out"

"Ethan look I cannot sit here and just see one of my best friends fight with me because of the girl he likes so let's stop here. I want to continue being you friend" there was a silence after I said that.

"I don't want to be your friend anymore" ethan said breaking the silent.

"Really" I screamed looking at him, "are you that upset because I said something about the girl you are into. Pathetic"