Ethan Hunt, A Tax Evader

Jack was cautious with his abilities and didn't want to reveal them unless necessary. He knew that until he could be completely invincible and was able to resist a nucke, he should either try not to expose himself.

Or if he was exposed, make sure that everyone who saw it couldn't open their mouths and leave no evidence behind. Life is precious, and you have to protect it yourself.

Jack drained his glass of wine in one gulp and placed it on the tray of a passing waiter before walking out the door. Now that he had confirmed Ethan's presence, it was time to start preparing for what was to come.

▪▪▪▪

Ethan looked at the computer screen in front of him in a daze. In the safe zone, Ethan understood some things after hearing what his boss said, but he became more confused.

All his team members were dead. However, according to his boss Eugene, Ethan was the culprit, and Ethan leaked the information!

Until now, Ethan can still recall every detail of his conversation with Eugene.

After Ethan revealed that, Eugene actually arranged another team of agents in the consulate to monitor their actions today and that he didn't trust them. Eugene also directly revealed his cards and told the truth about this operation.

Only then did Ethan know that this time, the target of their operation was fake from the very beginning. From the very beginning, the goal of the headquarters was not the list but to find out the traitor among them!

But now, a huge amount from an unknown source has been credited to his parent's account. All his team members were attacked and killed, and he was the only one not attacked.

It is conceivable why Eugene suspected that he was a mole. Ethan knew very well that under such circumstances, he really couldn't argue! Ethan knew that he was not a traitor but was framed by others. Still, he also knew that his charges would be confirmed if there was no strong evidence to find out the real traitor.

He knew he couldn't follow Eugene back to CIA headquarters. He knew those methods well as an agent and wanted to avoid experiencing them. Therefore, Ethan blasted the safe zone with a chewing gum bomb, causing chaos, and escaped successfully. He went to the safe house and was going to see if he could find some clues.

"Dong dong dong!"

The sudden knock on the door made Ethan's eyes widen instantly, and he woke up. Although such a temporary safety house should be known only to the team members, since there are moles, then maybe these things will also be exposed, and Ethan is also ready to be discovered.

However, he remembered that before he came in, he had taken down the lights on the stairs, smashed the light bulbs, and dumped the glass shards on the ground! In other words, no matter what, if you want to come in, you should step on glass shards and make a sound!

"Why now? I didn't hear any sound of glass shards being crushed, but I heard knocking on the door directly?" Ethan frowned, picked up the pistol at the side, and focused on guarding the direction of the door.

"Hey, I am a friend, not a foe Ethan Hunt." The person who came to the door said as if he knew what Ethan was doing inside.

"...a friend?" Ethan thought for a while, hid behind the wall, and asked with his back. He was worried that the people outside the door would listen to the voice and then shoot, "Who are you?"

"I'm the IRS commissioner," said the person outside the door, "Ethan Hunt, you have been involved in a tax evasion case. I need to obtain some information from you now. I need your cooperation to arrest and detain The CIA mole who obtained illegal income but did not pay taxes."

Ethan: "....."

The IRS dispatched a commissioner to arrest the CIA mole who obtained illegal income but did not pay taxes?

"Can't you find an excuse that sounds a little more believable?" Ethan was speechless.

He was even a little amused. Is this person fooling himself for a fool?

"Heh, believe it or not, Ethan," the person outside the door chuckled, "Our goal is the same."

"Does this make me trust you," Ethan said, "How did you find this place?"

"I've been by your side all day, Ethan," said the man outside the door.

"Let me help you recall. In the consulate, when the deputy director asked you how the drama was, and you answered boring, I remember you scanned around, then... Think about it, the person standing in the direction of your nine o'clock, That blond man taking a glass of wine from the waiter's tray."

"Also, when you failed to negotiate with Eugene and were misunderstood as a spy, that blond man passing by outside the Aqua Cafe."

The man added outside the door, "If you still don't believe it..."

"Needless to say." Following the person's words outside the door, those two pictures had already appeared in Ethan's mind. The impact was too great, and although it had been remembered, it did not link the two together.

After being pointed out, he only realized that these two people looked the same. They are the same person!