Deal!

(A/N)

Hey there guys! If you join my pa*treon right now, you can get a head start with 50 advanced chapters! How awesome is that?

Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to satisfy your curiosity and stay ahead of the game. Simply sign up for the second tier of this book called "Multiverse Cinematic adventures" on my pa*treon page and enjoy the perks of being one of my valued supporters.

But hurry, this offer won't last forever!

So, head over to pa*treon.com/thebookaddict [remove the *] and join now to get your hands on those 50 advanced chapters.

....

"Don't get too excited, Chief. Your lawn..." Jack paused, eyeing the two black dirt marks plowed out by his tail. "Isn't it more artistic now?"

"What kind of artistic sense is that?" Chris exclaimed, feeling a little exasperated. "Did you really think I wouldn't notice you drifting in with a tail flick just to look cool?"

Jack tilted his head thoughtfully. "How often have you said you want to do that yourself?"

"How many times?" Chris was incredulous. "Do you think I'm in primary school? I don't need to do something just to look flashy and useless."

"I can teach you," Jack offered with a smile.

"Deal!" Chris eagerly agreed, afraid that Jack might change his mind.

To Chris, the lawn was inconsequential. After all, he was the Director of the IRS, and what did a little grass matter? Jack knew that Chris wanted to learn epic driving skills and show off like him. Chris had asked Jack about it several times, but Jack always refused. Until now...

Wait, something wasn't right. Why had Jack refused so often before, only to agree easily this time? Chris became suspicious.

"Who are you trying to catch?" he asked warily.

"Why are you assuming I'm trying to catch someone?" Jack asked, widening his eyes in mock innocence. "Do I look like I'm always trying to arrest people to you?"

Chris was silent momentarily before replying, "Well, isn't that what you usually do?"

"Hmm, maybe you have a point," Jack conceded after thinking. "But this time, I just want to catch two people."

"I knew it!" Chris exclaimed. "If you were going to the CIA headquarters, you could have called me beforehand. So what's the plan now? Are you trying to take over the White House or the Pentagon?"

Jack rolled his eyes. "When did I ever take over the CIA headquarters? Don't slander me like that. I'm just an office worker with a serious job."

"Yes, yes, of course," Chris said dismissively, but couldn't help asking, "Oh, how did your trip to the CIA headquarters go?"

"It went well," Jack replied. "The CIA people were delaying the time, so I waited until my contact had succeeded before leaving."

Chris was impressed by Jack's nonchalant attitude towards such a risky operation. "You really are something, Jack."

Chris leaned back in his chair, his eyes fixed on Jack while waiting for an update on the CIA agent list situation.

"So, did it work?" he asked, unable to hide the anticipation in his voice.

Jack raised an eyebrow, a sly grin spreading across his face.

"Let's just say I have a preliminary cooperation agreement with Director Brown of the CIA. If you catch my drift, we'll have a friendly and comprehensive exchange."

Chris's eyes widened. "You mean... equipment technology and such?"

Jack nodded. "That's right. Both parties stand to gain from this arrangement."

Chris couldn't believe his ears. This was bigger than he ever could have imagined. But then, a sudden realization hit him.

"Wait a minute...what about the agent list and advanced technologies? You were supposed to steal them, not negotiate a deal with the CIA."

Jack chuckled. "Relax, my friend. The list is safe and sound. But let's just say I had to get a little creative to acquire it."

Chris's jaw dropped. "What did you do?"

Jack waved a hand dismissively. "Let's just say I have my ways."

Chris shook his head in amazement.

"But...what about those two people you were going to arrest?" Chris asked, still trying to wrap his head around the situation.

Jack leaned in with a serious look on his face.

"Their son is the CIA agent who helped me get the list. And let's just say that the CIA won't be too pleased when they discover it. So I need to make sure his parents are safe."

Chris nodded in understanding. "I see. And you need my help with that?"

Jack grinned. "You catch on quick, Director. But don't worry, it's nothing too dangerous. Just a simple extraction mission."

Chris laughed nervously. "Famous last words, right?"

Jack shrugged. "Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I'll teach you how to drive when we return."

▪▪▪▪

The sun shone high in the sky as 11 am approached, casting a warm glow over the bustling city. The Hunters Clothing Factory was located in the heart of downtown. It was a hub of activity on any given day. As the clock struck 11, the factory was already in full swing, with workers scurrying around to tend to their tasks. The sound of machines whirring filled the air, punctuated by the occasional clatter of metal on metal.

The factory was a massive structure with steel and concrete walls. The front entrance was a massive set of double doors flanked by security cameras and guarded by two burly security guards. Inside, the factory floor was a hive of activity. Row upon row of sewing machines stood at attention, their operators bent over them, their fingers flying over the fabric.

The air was thick with the smell of sweat and machinery, but the workers seemed unfazed. They worked tirelessly, their eyes focused on their tasks. Some were cutting fabric, others were sewing seams, and others were ironing finished garments. The factory was a well-oiled machine, with each worker performing their part flawlessly.

Suddenly, the doors burst open with a loud bang, and a team of CIA agents stormed into the building. They were dressed in black tactical gear, their faces hidden behind masks. The agents moved quickly and efficiently, fanning the factory floor for their targets.

Panic spread like wildfire among the workers, and they scattered in all directions. Some ducked behind the machines, while others ran towards the exits, screaming for help. The agents paid them no heed, their eyes focused on their mission.

The factory floor was a maze of machines and fabric, and the agents had to navigate the chaos. They moved with purpose, their weapons ready, scanning the area for any sign of their targets.

Finally, the agents located their targets: Ethan Hunt's parents. They were cowering in the corner of the factory, their faces contorted with fear. The agents moved in, their weapons trained on the Hunts.

"Hands up!" one of the agents shouted. "You're under arrest."

The Hunters, Ethan's parents, looked in horror at a team of agents who suddenly barged in front of them.