Eugene's Worries

Hey there! Are you tired of waiting for new chapters of your favorite story? Well, do I have some exciting news for you!

Head on over to my Pa*treon page right now and you can read ahead to your heart's content! No more torture of waiting for the next chapter, just pure reading pleasure.

And that's not all, folks! If you join my Pa*treon community today, you can get access to:

(a) 30 chapters for just $5 with our "Multiverse Cinematic Adventures" That's a steal of a deal!

So why wait? Join our Pa*treon family today and let the reading adventure begin! Head on over to pa*treon.com/thebookaddict (without the *) and let's get started!

....

Now, all the lists of CIA agents as well as advanced technology blueprints, have been stolen by Ethan. Eugene didn't dare to tell anyone about such an important accident, so he kept it a secret. Otherwise, as soon as this matter is known to others, Eugene's position will be over. Maybe he has to go to the CIA interrogation room and then to jail.

The person in charge of the data room had already been assigned by Eugene to the remote office. If there were no surprises, that guy has no chance of being transferred back.

Now, Eugene just wanted to return the list of agents and technology from Ethan's hands, pretending that this had never been "taken" out in the first place.

So, this time, the operation led by Steve is completely confidential! In such a situation, how could Eugene allow departments like the FBI to intervene in a formal joint operation?

The status of the Hunter couple as the head of the drug cartel was originally fabricated by Eugene on the spur of the moment, and it can't stand any investigation at all!

Now Eugene can be said to be an ant on a hot pot, jumping up and down, and he doesn't care about the so-called rules.

However, this freed Jack's actions from any pressure.

Suppose the CIA cooperates with an organization like the FBI that has real law enforcement power in the United States. In that case, Jack can't take people away like this, or it will take a lot of effort. Only then will it work?

But now, the CIA secretly wanted to do it. At the same time, Jack had support from Chris and successfully obtained the legal warrant to arrest the Hunters... In other words, the CIA breaks the law and abuses its power while the IRS enforces it.

After Jack took the Hunters into the car, he uncuffed them, started them, and told his men to leave.

"Sir...sir... Did you make a mistake somewhere? I am not the leader of a drug cartel, and I did not evade taxes..."" Nathan Hunt tried to defend himself hard,

"Mr. Hunter, I know that you guys are innocent." Jack smiled and handed the document to Nathan,

"The documents here are indeed fabricated on the spur of the moment, but I did so to protect you guys."

"Sir? What do you mean by that?" Nathan was a little confused.

"You have a good son, Mr. Hunt, and I made some a deal with him. And now I am helping him by protecting you guys." Jack explained

"The CIA wants to use you to threaten him, so they fabricated the evidence of you guys being drug dealers," Jack said.

"What?" Nathan turned pale with shock.

......

"What?" Eugene was shocked.

"What did you say?" Eugene demanded, "The IRS people took the Hunters away?"

"Yes, sir," Steve replied, "They had evidence and arrest warrants, so There is no way to complete the task."

"Didn't I tell you to bring those two back no matter what?" Eugene asked.

Afterward, Eugene immediately realized that the power of the IRS and the power of the CIA was completely unequal. He just asked an idiot question and immediately changed the subject.

"What excuse did they give to take those two away?"

"They said, The Hunters are suspected of tax evasion," Steve said,

"They also said that they have been investigating the Hunters for a year, and it is certain that the Hunters are not the heads of the drug cartel, and our intelligence network has become trash...."

Steve remembered the tense moment from earlier. It was the first time someone had put a gun on his chest like that, and he didn't dare to fight back!

Because he knew that If he died, he would not even get a decent funeral, and he would be labeled as a "criminal who used the name of the CIA without authorization"! Under such circumstances, Steve, of course, chose not to do anything.

If he did it, no matter the result, he was doomed to have no good ending. Of course, it would be better not to do anything and just let these two people go.

"Fuck, Fuck!"

Eugene hung up the phone and fell into a state of mania. If anyone was around, they might think he had a rabies attack.

Why are all my subordinates so stupid! The only strong one Ethan has become a traitor now and directly stole the list of CIA agents and many high techs!

"What method should I use now to blackmail Ethan" Eugene racked his brains.

It is absolutely impossible to go to the IRS. The power of the IRS is much greater than that of the CIA, and the fact that Eugene ordered his men to arrest Ethan's parents must not be exposed.

Otherwise, someone will definitely track down the reason why Eugene did this. If CIA director Brown finds out about this matter, Eugene knows well that he will be completely finished.

Before Eugene could devise a feasible plan, there were two knocks as the office door was knocked.

"Didn't I tell you not to disturb me now," Eugene yelled towards the door.

The knocking on the door stopped, and after a while, it started again.

"Who the Fuck is it?"

The irritable Eugene walked towards the door and slammed it open; "Do you any manner?!"

Brown stood at the door with a gloomy face, staring at the door with Eugene. Eugene's originally angry face changed into a smile at the speed of light.

"It's me, Eugene..." Brown said with a frown.

Although Brown came to the headquarters earlier due to a misunderstanding, he decided to use it. He decided to have an inspection while he was there. As well as to inform the different departments about the coming mutual exchange with the IRS.

So, after walking around, Brown came to Eugene's office. Then, it happened.

"Director... I... " Eugene began to think about how to explain the incident just now.