I Am Really An IRS Officer

(A/N)

Hey guys! It's time to warmly welcome our newest members of the Pa*treon community, Rodrigo Otto & Marcus Edvardsson! We're thrilled to have you guys on board!

And get ready for some fantastic news! If you become a part of our Pa*treon family today, you'll receive double the chapters for your buck. That's right, 20 new chapters for just $5 instead of the usual 5 chapters.

But wait, there's more! With our combo pack, you'll receive an impressive 60+ new chapters. That's a whole lot of reading material!

So why wait? Join us today and help bring these amazing stories to life! I am grateful for your continued support and can't wait to see what the future holds. Happy reading!

Link: pa*treon.com/thebookaddict (remove the *)

▪▪▪▪

"The certificate is the real deal, buddy. Let's get straight to the point. Time is running out." Jack said.

Ethan looked at Jack skeptically, trying to gauge the authenticity of his claims.

"What do you mean by time is running out?" Ethan frowned, unsure of what Jack was trying to say.

"There's a traitor in your team," Jack replied, his eyes narrowing, "and I know it's not you. You've been framed."

"Why?" Ethan asked, feeling like he was asking "Why" a lot today.

"Because of....," Jack rubbed his thumb over the tip of the index finger and middle finger. A universal gesture for money.

"And the traitor wants to blame you for all his crimes. There is certainly a lot of evidence created against you, and the problem is that they're so engrossed in the process that they made a naive move." He added.

"A huge sum of money was transferred directly to your parents' account," Jack continued, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I really don't understand what the traitor was thinking. To make such a huge mistake... If you were truly a traitor, would you let the money be transferred directly to your parents' account?"

"Of course not," Ethan replied, his tone more relaxed.

"I would have it transferred to an untraceable black account. Then funnel it through various cash withdrawals and deposits to turn it into legally obtainable income or spend it untraceable ways."

"That's the point. The money came in too straightforwardly. It will be a slap in the face to my intelligence if I missed such an obvious fact," Jack said with a shrug.

"And I think your boss agrees with me. Even though they may still suspect you of being a mole, they haven't acted on it yet because of that. But the major reason for the suspension is something else. Do you know?"

"I know," Ethan replied, his guard lowering, "because I was the only one who survived."

"Exactly," Jack said, a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

"You're the only one who survived, and that's what your agency is basing their suspicions on. The money is an added bonus, not a strong enough reason."

Jack snapped his fingers, a sly grin spreading across his face. "Now listen up, Ethan. Your team hasn't lost all its member."

Ethan's eyes widened in shock. "What? What are you saying?"

"They're not stupid. That's why they set up this plan to make it seem like everyone in the team was killed, except for you." Jack continued,

Ethan quickly put the pieces together. "Those bastards."

"That's right," Jack nodded, spreading the documents on the desk.