𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅

𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲

throughout the day i have gotten random hints about the dawn varsity show-down. i knew that this would not go well at all. the conflict has created tension with me and my own team, even more with adam and his previous team. they're all acting so immature.

i had a conversation with the ducks, or junior team at lunch, i warned them that no matter what happens on the rink today- that i don't mean to : hurt them, make them hate me, or be aggressive and to know they can try their hardest on me. i wanted to play fair no matter what side i was on.

no matter how much i wanted to be i the ducks team, this was a huge opportunity. and i couldn't lose any more of my teammates trust. i didn't let ivy know about the game, but when she finds out she will kill me.

...

𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

we were all warming up and i was more stressed than ever, even adam was pretty tense himself. i heard scooter skate up to the opposing goalie: julie. " hey, can we call it even?" at least someone is trying to stop the drama. " i hate ties... they're like kissing your brother." great! this game will go well. and she skated past the goalie.

adam then skated up to char. " they didn't tell me until it was too late. charlie believe me." clearly charlie was still made. " yeah, right, preppy." and adam seemed affected by the brunettes words.

the faceoff started and i was on the ice. the teams were chirping at one another and it was first to ten. we immediately get the puck but our play was dirty, grease boy knocked conway straight to his knees. the puck gets passed to me as i bolt to the other side, as quick as possible. as i was flying down the rink i pass to my teammate and he knocks down two of my old friends to the ground, then passing it to me and i wrap around the net; scoring a point for varsity.

our team praised me and i couldn't help but lose a bit of my worries; this can't be that bad right?

wrong.

the ducks do their flying v as my team skates backwards and keeps their eyes on the puck, im kept on this shift. i couldn't keep my eye on who knocked the v down, but man, they must be good at bowling. " hey! that wasn't a fair hit!" i scream. " this isn't a fair game , you moron." my own teammate bites back.
i take my anger out all in one and my teammate passes to me- trying to get a hold of my speed. i skated all the way down the rink and pass to the red jersey to juke him out. another point for varsity- and the ducks defense weren't doing so well and it was visible from the both side of the rink.

im off the ice now, and more shitty hits come from both teams. the ducks aggressiveness isn't going to get them anywhere but the hospital man. the ducks soared around the rink and conway looked like he was gonna use his triple deke. he shoots: he gets blocked. the puck then glides down to the other side of the ice and i was stressing more and more.

they knock down goldie and i wanted to race down the rink and beat up my teammates, but if i do i'll get kicked off the team or bullied on and off the ice. conway gets ahold of the puck yet again but varsity tries to sword fight him with their sticks. looks like varsity was actually banks.

all of a sudden a fight breaks out; conway and banks. they both got knocked down and when they got up they started bickering, i skated as fast as i could to stop them. " how do you like it, banks?" charlie begins. " yeah, nice takedown. you would be in the box." adams acting as if we haven't played dirty this whole game. " go cry to hart, your little girlfriend." that triggered banks. " all right, fine." i tried to pull them off of each other, but i was no help.

both teams just started fighting before a whistle was blown. coach orion broke up the fight.

...

𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲

i walked up to banksie boys locker. " saw you being overprotective about you ' little girlfriend." i mention last night and he got red. " bring that up again and i won't hesitate to tell ivy about the night before that." now we were both speechless and red in the face.

" do it. im sure she would be so happy." i said before walking away and blowing him a kiss before he dramatically catches it and places it on his heart.

...

𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧

" wait so my brother got into a physical fight with conway..." ivy asked, i had told her the whole story. only leaving out the bits about his little girlfriend...