𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒘𝒐!

𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭

we were all playing hockey on the court, conway eventually showed up " come on conway, show us your moves." i holler gathering his attention and sending him a smile, coach took him on the court.

" this is the most fun i have had in a while." someone chants and we all cheer. it wasn't our usual hockey. it wasn't competitive hockey. the smiles on the faces i was seeing- they weren't the tiniest bit fake, they were real. i had missed those smiles for awhile.

laughs and words were exchanged as some fell and some juked each other out. man, i miss the team.

" yes! " " yeah!!" were said every time someone hit the puck into the "net." we put charlie in the trashcan, and then continued to mess around with it with the others.

...

i got a call from julie. " we have a board meeting tomorrow!! varsity wasn't lying about them trying to revoke our scholarships... im going back to maine." she cried from the other end of the phone. " man, and i thought life was finally getting good again. i can't test my luck, i swear."

...

𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦

" do i have a motion for reconsideration?" the dean asks as people mutter the answer no, they shouldn't have an opinion anyway- they were in our shoes they would suffer. even though it wouldn't fully effect me, i'm sure that it would effect how i play.

" i am sorry, coach, but unless there is a motion from a board member and a second, the decision must stand." the dean wasn't fully upset, but left us some pity. " you leave us no choice but to bring in our attorney" orion stated. the varsity gave small snickers, and yes, of course they are here- i know i couldn't miss it either.

the doors open and here comes, the one and only, coach bombay. " dean buckley, members of the board. as counsel for coach orion... and the freshman hockey team," he begins as he walks up to the dean," i am here today to set forth your legal options so that you may make the best possible decision for all parties concerned."

" mr. bombay, this isn't a legal proceeding." the dean said shortly.

" not yet, but i assure you that it will be." everyone sent glances to one another, " do you mind?" he asks as he passes a bag and pulls out a sheet of paper. " these scholarships...an offer...became a binding contract upon the signatures of the recipients...and acceptance by the ducks. they cannot be voided except for cause which, i guarantee you, you have none. should you decide to pursue their cancellation, i will slap you with an injunction. i will tie this matter up in court for years, until long after these kids have gone to college. and i will collect damages. i will win. because i am very, very good."

" you know why i was so good? because i had a good education. you gave it to me. and you're going to give it to these kids. now some of you may be snobbish enough to believe that these ducks don't belong at eden hall." and he rambled on and tried to convince the dean to let eden hall let us stay, and he did.

it was silent for awhile, peoples opinions were forming until a lady with a short bomb and bangs started talking, " i move that the scholarships be reinstated." some conversations quitely started. " is there a second?" the dean asked, the man next to the lady before raised his hand. " all in favour?" and everyone raised their hands. " scholarships reinstated."

cheers echoed through the room and you could feel the happiness.

...

𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲

" congratulations... on destroying your school." the asshat on varsity began drama again. " the only thing we ruined was your reputation, you're going down in the showdown.. be scared." i gave him the death stare. " hey, look, it is our school too." charlie replied ignoring my comment. " it is everyones school, you stupid jock." conways girl from beside him said.
" no, it'll never be your school. dont you get it? you are our own little affirmative action, brought in for colour to entertain us. but, you couldn't even do that. your fancy lawyer kept you in technicality, but you'll never belong. you'll never be anything more than a bunch of rejects here on a free ride."

" free ride? look at you, rich boy!" russ stated, he's got some mouth. " yeah! i'm sure daddys money would be proud that you're putting it at waste." i spit. " hey, j.v - varsity game is on friday. then we will show the whole school what a joke you really are. then maybe you'll leave on your own. it would be the only honorable thing to do." one varsity tried to scare us, then the other one joined aswell," you know we are going to hurt you."

" get ready, your gonna humiliates yourselves. you can barely focus on anything other than your reputation- cool boy. i'm off your team." i hissed. " yeah! listen, you guys had an unfair advantage last time. you had some of us: banskie and hart."

" oh, well, keep them. they have never had a heart of a warrior anyway."

" hey, biff, one more thing. after we beat you, the warriors die and the ducks fly." russ barked at the. " anything you say loser. hmm?"

" good move you two. make em' even madder. charlie we got to do something man." averman looked at russ and i, i tried to look innocent. " yeah, you're right. we have got to get to work.