𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔

𝐥𝐢𝐥𝐲𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦

it was the day of the showdown and i haven't gotten the opportunity to talk to adam yet. it has been on my mind every second of every minute. it is extremely stressful and i am just praying that the hockey game tonight will put my focus on how i am playing; if i don't focus on how i'm playing, then, we are in for a treat.

...

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

charlie's girlfriend showed up to the game and trust me, he seems excited about that. and some guy was narrating absolutely everything we did- that put more stress on me.

"tonight at eden hall varisty warriors do battle with the eden hall freshman duck. that is right folks, look at those uniform, the sign of the duck is here at eden hall for at least one night.."

"this is for hans." charlie was proud, proud of the team for getting here and proud of the team for working so hard. we began to walk out onto the rink and cheers started from around the room.

we skated around in a circle and touch the ice to represent hans.

" it apppears they are paying their homage to their departed friend and mentor, hans. the touchin of the ice is  a norwegian symbol of respect." dude, how does this guy get all of this information?

...

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

" all right, lets go hunting for goose eggs, huh? come on, hands in. on three.. quack... one, two, three.."

quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack...

the ducks were back, and they were better than ever. the rinks crowd joins in on the quacking and claps arise around the room. " goooooo ducks!" and with that, we all took our positions. i was on first so i didn't get to observe before playing. 

" you're gonna wish like hell you stuck with us." rick said as he sent a dirty look towards adam and i, we were right beside you. adam was quick to respond, as per usual, " save the trash talk."

the puck dropped and varsity takes their usual hit to the opposing team. they skate down the ice, not often passing it- and they shoot on our goalie... luckily it was julie. she saved us.

they shoot again but this time goldie went infront of the goal, saving it with his ' toe save.' fulton got on the ice and he was swapped with russ, i patted russ on the back as he passed me and he sent me a smile.

" why did you come back?" rick asks as he takes the face off again. " unfinished business."

" we will finish it for you!"and he tries to knock down #96 but fails as conway knocked him down quicker. their moves were not unique- but easy to study. similar to iceland. conway gets the puck and fulton takes the hits until varsity snatches the puck and painfully skates away. " this is gonna be a game to remember." i said to fulton. they take a shot again yet there was no difference this time, it was caught. 

conway gets the puck and ices it- this boy better have a plan.

...

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

varsity started hitting more but i wasn't on the ice, i sure was plotting ahead. if they hit, i hit

i got on the ice and quickly got passed the puck, i slide around the rink waiting for someone to be open but varisty comes up behind me and slams me into the boards. my leg hurt and  i couldn't get up. varsity stepped on my leg with their skates. i got up, i cant ruin this for the team

...

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦

the buzzer goes off and it is 0-0.

we walked into the locker room getting prepared for some sappy pep talk, and we got some of it. but the door opens while im checking out my leg-it honestly is not that bad. just worse than i expected.

" dean portman is awarded a full athletic and academic scholarship to the eden hall academy. i had this lying around the house in chicago. my attorney thought i should sign it. i agreed. it's official boys! im back!" cheering began and i couldn't be more happy - dean was like a brother to me, he wouldn't  hesitate to knock someone down and that is what i enjoy the most about him.

...

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

" hey, wait a second. isn't that dean portman? hey it looks like the other bash brother is back, and he has brought the duks a renewed spirit." the announcer said, and he wasn't lying- dean gave us some extra hope that we were looking for.

" heyy, look it is the other bash brother. ooh, i am really shaking now!" varsitys enforcer said.

" so, you are the big enforcer, huh? it is nice to meet you. you know, we got something in commo-"

" shut up... let's play hockey."

" whatever you say sunshine." and with that, dean put his helmet on.

" lets see what you got bash brother!" and with that varsitys enforcer charged at dean- resulting in him ending over the glass. now, their enforcer was shaking. " now, thats cleaning the garbage!" i couldn't help but laugh as i skated up to fulton and dean. " the bash family is back!" i said with a grin as we stared at the varsity's downed man. " hey, man, we were just getting warmed up!" 

...

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

i was on the ice now praying no one damaged my leg even more. dean knocked someone down not even 10 seconds into the game. " get up man, i didn't even do anything!" and he got sent to the box. for two minutes. it was a dive and everyone could tell. and clearly he was happy, he got into the box and started stripping. everyone cheered and i could not help but laugh as i skated down the rink for a change up.

ken jumped out to early and was sent into the box, now we had two missing players. 

...

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

charlie, who seems to have his signature 'c' skates back onto the ice, as proud as he should be. we had two minutes left on the ice and my leg was killing me- i was obviously agitated. coached swapped me in, and conway sees he passes to me and he passes to me, i pass to goldie before charlie and i knock the two defenseman down. 

goldberg makes the shot. he won the game for us.

we won, i look in the crowd and see ivy cheering. 

life honestly can't get better than this,.