Chapter 1

I hated Bartholomew Virion with all my heart. He was the most frustrating person I ever saw and I just couldn't stand him. Fortunately it was very easy not running into him considering that he was a fictional character. Despite that I still saw him everywhere I went. Bartholomew was the main character of one of the most famous manhwas ever. Having downloaded webtaan, I immediately saw an ad for the manhwa and started reading it. I did get to the half of that very long story but I had to stop because of how horrible the main character was.

In the manhwa of the same name, Bartholomew was a billionaire who had a terrible past. His whole family got murdered while he wasn't at home and he was looking for the killer ready to do anything it took to find him. He wasn't a good person and he didn't say he was. I loved villains usually but the way he behaved was irritating because no one ever got mad at him for some reason.

While he was doing anything he could to find the killer, Bartholomew met a girl who transmigrated from our world to his. Bonnie Stein was a huge fan of the manhwa and she transmigrated into it as usual, after her sudden death. She immediately ran into Bartholomew and saved his life multiple times because of what she knew about this world. Bartholomew being a billionaire and mingling with dangerous people, he would be the victim of murder attempts multiple times during the story and Bonnie miraculously appeared by his side right after he got shot.

It was right after she died and she immediately recognized him. She froze and stared at him for a few seconds thinking that she was dreaming. She was waiting to wake up or for something to happen but Bartholomew saw her and asked her for help. Bonnie found it weird that this fictional character would talk to her but hearing him plead, she finally decided to help. When she touched him she realized that this didn't feel like a dream at all and froze again. However soon adrenaline hit and she went on autopilot. She called an ambulance and Bartholomew got transferred to the hospital.

After being interrogated by the cops, Bonnie immediately left. She wasn't let in because she wasn't Bartholomew's family or friend. Therefore she just started walking around and she started crying seeing that she wasn't in her world anymore. Her favorite park, her favorite coffeehouse, her house... Everything was gone and her phone couldn't call anyone. She had no idea what to do and she started remembering the events of the manhwa. Suddenly she remembered that right after being shot, Bartholomew would be attacked again hours after he woke up in the hospital. He would be poisoned by a fake doctor and remembering that, Bonnie immediately ran back to the hospital and arrived just in time to save Bartholomew again.

The latter got intrigued by this woman who knew things before they even happened. His two best friends, Gardenia Mistyrose and Zadimus Malum told him that she could be dangerous and maybe she was the one behind the recent attacks. Bartholomew knew that this wasn't possible because she was the one who saved him after all. Having an interest in Bonnie, Bartholomew took her to his house and sequestered her until she told him how she knew what was going to happen. That was when I was first triggered. Until then the story felt very interesting but how could everyone find it normal that Bartholomew kidnapped someone? No one ever said that he did something bad and even the girl didn't complain. She didn't have anywhere to go after all but she never hated the male lead for kidnapping her. She did save his life after all. Why was he so mean to her?

Bonnie had a comfortable room, clothes and food but she was still kidnapped. Bartholomew didn't care about people's feelings and always did whatever he wanted. He would come to her room every night after work and ask her if she had something to tell him. She always answered no and he would then leave. Bonnie stayed there for some days and she quite liked the luxury she lived in. She tried becoming friends with everyone but people weren't friendly in that house and she spent most of her time alone. She refused to tell Bartholomew the truth because it sounded crazy but most of all she didn't want him to get hurt.