Chapter 29

Back to the wedding:

I touched my lips completely out of it. It wasn't the first time we kissed. It happened exactly like this on that night in the club. But back then I hated this man with all my guts. What had happened after? We got into the pink room and then... I couldn't remember more than that but I remembered perfectly well that I pretty much hated this man only a month ago. Having been together for three years? Three years my ass! This monster lied to me all along.

Feeling me freeze made Bartholomew frown:

"Kitten? Are you okay?"

I immediately tensed up and pushed him away with all my strength:

"I told you not to call me that!"

Bartholomew became very pale suddenly but I didn't care about his feelings at the moment:

"You lied to me! You..."

I felt the anger take over and guessing why it was happening, Bartholomew quickly lifted me before carrying me out:

"Put me down! You liar! You! I'm going to kill you!

-Yes darling. You can torture me as much as you want in bed, but you must hold back a bit."

I was struggling so bad that Bartholomew almost dropped me and he quickly opened a door before pushing me inside. Once sure that we were alone, he finally let go of me and I immediately slapped him:

"Bastard!"

Bartholomew licked his lips:

"I deserved that.

-You!"

I grabbed him by the collar, ready to yell his head off but that guy only smiled:

"Are you going to kiss me again?

-Stop joking! It's not funny! You said we had been dating for three years! You said you loved me! You..."

Bartholomew grabbed my fists before bringing them to his mouth and kissing my phalanges.

"Not all of it was a lie."

I was seeing red at this point and needed to scream:

"What part wasn't? The fact that we dated for two years before living together for a whole year? The part that we didn't have pictures together because I didn't like taking pictures? The part that you asked me to marry you and I said yes? The part where you said you were the luckiest groom ever? What part? What part!"

I was pushing Bartholomew against the door, not even listening to what he had to say. I was getting more and more worked up and Bartholomew grabbed my shoulders before making us turn and pushing me against the wall.

"Calm down, Aed. Breathe.

-I am not calming down! Let me go you bastard!

-I am not sorry I lied."

I froze:

"What?

-I saw an opportunity and took it. Otherwise would you have agreed to marry me?

-Coward! You are a coward. If you wanted me to marry you, you should have made me like you!"

Bartholomew smiled gently:

"I still plan on doing so. But I needed to trap you first. Otherwise who knows when you'll run away from me? What if I don't have the time to seduce you?

-And you really thought that I would like you after you manipulated me?"

He shrugged:

"You would hate me if I locked you up. This way you are still free to go wherever you want.