CHAPTER 5『BLOOD RITUAL』

I don't know what got inside me these times. It was like my whole personality had changed.

Perhaps I got mesmerised by the power I displayed earlier. Perhaps this was the key for the door of my ambitions to descent upon this world.

I slowly began to realise it; I'm the Villainess in here. The most overpowered, broken character in the entire game. Though excommunicated, exiled and unpopular, people admire other individuals of great power. They get swayed by their words. They get startled by their presence. They want to share that. This gravity they emit.

So, they end ultimately following them. Strong people tend to attract other people. That's how it works. That's how our society as humans works. This is the nature of the human mind.

The strong surface, the weak, die. Soon, the people not naturally drawn to such a person's charisma are forced to go with them. As soon as the balance of power slowly but steadily tips in their favour, our society picks sides: the losing side, or the wining side? The weak, or the strong? The uncapable leaders, or the capable ones?

I am someone who strikes fear to the hearts of some people. But, those people tend to admire me as equally as they fear me. However, I am a leader: I instil passion into the hearts of men. That's how Vespertite is supposed to be. That's how I AM supposed to be.

As I slowly realised this, I became increasingly ambitious as time passed.

In my previous life, the Villainess Vespertite organized a coup d'etat, attempting to overthrow her Imperial Family, and become the sole ruler of the Empire of Lightning. Then, you probably know the rest. The Princess Aristea called her trusty Knight to "defend the honour of the family and the Empire itself."

However, I came to realise that Vespertite's plan, my plan, wasn't all that bad after all. A tyrant, sure, but what she did were considered as a "necessary evil." And she was right.

Despite all her efforts though, no matter how OP someone is, the main character always has an ace up his sleeve, whether it's the power of friendship, love or anything along those noble lines.

The truth is, real life doesn't work that way. Sometimes, you need to do bad things to achieve a positive outcome. You need to play dirty, so that everyone around you is and will be, clean.

Vespertite had too many enemies. I am planning to change that. One of my overgrowing ambitions is to take over the country, exactly just how the previous Vespertite planned to do.

I'm planning to take a more careful approach, a much more sneaky one. An approach that plans to tear the entire country inside out.

I mean, there cannot exist a man who doesn't love and crave power. An ambitious man, even more. An already powerful man, even more so.

What I'll do is quite simple: transform the land of Gelida from an icy wasteland, to the most powerful of the Empire's provinces. I will create my own paramilitary organisation inside the Academy itself, spreading my influence, converting those seemingly innocent students, into proper ultraloyalist and zealous fanatics of mine, forming a Syndicate with me at the top of the pyramid.

I'll get to recruit the finest minds of Empire, just under the nose of my sister. I'll get to form my own superpower, inside the playground of the corrupt Imperial Family.

The corrupt officials scheming with my father on how to abuse their power as much as possible. My sister taking my father's side. Jurisdiction being completely neglected, at the mercy of the power-hungry, unjust pieces of shit which get to influence our glorious Empire from the shadows...I'll put them out of the picture.